Author Topic: San Francisco sheriff's union compares overtime to slavery as members make $200k-plus in OT a year  (Read 128 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 San Francisco sheriff's union compares overtime to slavery as members make $200k-plus in OT a year
Story by Tom Gantert • 17h •

(The Center Square) – The San Francisco Deputy Sheriffs' Association recently referred to the extra hours their union members are working to as “slavery.”

The union wrote on its website in April: “Overtime Slavery: San Francisco Sheriff’s Office Struggles Amidst Rising Violence and Staff Shortages.”

“Within the walls of the San Francisco Sheriff’s Office, a troubling reality is unfolding. Deputies, the frontline warriors of law enforcement, are being pushed to their limits by an unyielding demand for overtime work,” the San Francisco Deputy Sheriffs’ Association stated in the post.

The union said its deputies were averaging 5.25 hours of sleep a night due to the overtime.

What the union didn’t say is how much compensation its members are getting for working the extra hours.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/san-francisco-sheriff-s-union-compares-overtime-to-slavery-as-members-make-200k-plus-in-ot-a-year/ar-BB1n0f6f?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=4ef17b63c7e4415aba137eeb9fa2c947&ei=63
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson