Author Topic: USA Today newspapers quietly delete GOP senator's op-ed on trans athletes without telling him  (Read 285 times)

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
https://www.foxnews.com/media/usa-today-newspapers-quietly-delete-gop-senators-op-ed-trans-athletes-without-telling-him

Several Louisiana newspapers that are part of Gannett-owned USA Today's network quietly deleted a published op-ed on transgender athletes from Sen. John Kennedy, R-La., without notifying him.

Communications reviewed by Fox News Digital showed the Republican was told his op-ed criticizing biological men playing women's sports contained "inflammatory" speech that didn't meet company standards.

Gannett Opinion Editor and Vice President of Standards and Ethics Michael McCarter stood by the decision to remove Kennedy’s piece

"The opinion teams across the USA TODAY Network are focused on delivering local, timely, relevant, and diverse opinion pieces. We recognize the importance of sharing varying perspectives and the vital role we play convening conversations. Sen. John Kennedy’s submitted opinion column did not meet our ethical guidelines, which state we will treat people with respect. After further review, our editorial team removed the column from our website. Sen. Kennedy has been given the opportunity to revise his language - not his viewpoint - to adhere with our standards," McCarter told Fox News Digital.

After Fox News Digital reached out seeking comment, Gannett added a disclaimer to the once-broken links noting the content "has been removed because it did not meet our editorial standards."

Kennedy told Fox News Digital in a statement that "USA TODAY Network apparently does not like the way I express myself."

EXCERPT

And here is the clear danger of all these city and small town newspapers failing and getting bought out by centralized publishing outlets like Gannett.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
https://www.foxnews.com/media/usa-today-newspapers-quietly-delete-gop-senators-op-ed-trans-athletes-without-telling-him

EXCERPT

And here is the clear danger of all these city and small town newspapers failing and getting bought out by centralized publishing outlets like Gannett.

Wonder how many of these bird cage bottom fodders would sell, if Hotels didn't drop them off every morning at the door?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Wonder how many of these bird cage bottom fodders would sell, if Hotels didn't drop them off every morning at the door?

I dunno, but Gannett's current business model involves them buying up struggling or failing small town newspapers, firing the staffs and gutting the local content, turning them into "shells" with the previous branding, and then filling them with "National" news or whatever else Gannett wants.  That's happened to both my hometown newspaper and my current local one.  And of course Gannett is woker than the Washington Post.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus