Poll

Will Trump win NY?

You may only select up to 2 options.

Voting closes: July 08, 2024, 11:27:25 pm

Author Topic: Will Trump win NY?  (Read 9240 times)

Offline LMAO

Re: Will Trump win NY?
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2024, 12:28:57 pm »
Thank you for the information/opinion @LMAO

The entire point of the thread isn't about the cause of the deficits.

It's about who the common vote will NOT accept more of the same rising costs of soup to nuts bullshit we've been living with since 2021.

But it was you who posted that it’s the economy as the reason to vote for Trump, did you not? Its  right  above my response to you in case you forgot

You even bolded it and enlarged it for emphasis. And so when I pointed out the folly with facts and his record on why thinking Trump will improve that, suddenly you don’t want to talk about it

And trillion dollar plus deficits and reckless monetary policy absolutely are connected to the costs of everything going up. If that is as big of a concern for you as you claim, then yes, this thread is about the debt and deficits.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2024, 12:37:38 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2024, 12:37:06 pm »
But it was you who posted that it’s the economy as the reason to vote for Trump, did you not? Its  right  above my response to you in case you forgot

You even bolded it and enlarged it for emphasis. And so when I pointed out the folly with facts and his record on why thinking Trump will improve that, suddenly you don’t want to talk about it

"Trump" has nothing to do with my post.

It has everything to do with the fact voters will NOT show up to vote for more of the same. :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline LMAO

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2024, 12:39:29 pm »
"Trump" has nothing to do with my post.

:goalpost:
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2024, 03:41:34 pm »
  :goalpost:

:rolling:

Was just comparing today to the country's attitude toward Jimmy Carter back in 1980...that's all.   :shrug:

Trump WILL take New York!  BLEEP Manhattan! 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline LMAO

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2024, 03:51:44 pm »
:rolling:

Was just comparing today to the country's attitude toward Jimmy Carter back in 1980...that's all.   :shrug:

:goalpost: :goalpost: :goalpost:

Besides, this isn’t 1980

Carter left office with unemployment at over 7% with gas lines and rationing with double digit inflation
and interest rates

That’s not the case in 2024.

Barry Goldwater

Online The_Reader_David

« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2024, 05:14:30 pm »
Forcing the 'Rats to defend what they thought were safe states is worth at least a little effort and money.  Of the usually deep blue states, NY (and maybe NJ) are easiest for Trump to target because he's stuck there to be present for the proceedings of the kangaroo court.  Effort spent there might also flip a few House seats, which would be good regardless of who wins the White House.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2024, 05:15:31 pm by The_Reader_David »
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2024, 05:59:44 pm »
Forcing the 'Rats to defend what they thought were safe states is worth at least a little effort and money.  Of the usually deep blue states, NY (and maybe NJ) are easiest for Trump to target because he's stuck there to be present for the proceedings of the kangaroo court.  Effort spent there might also flip a few House seats, which would be good regardless of who wins the White House.

Great point. I had never considered that he might flip a few House seats which would indeed be great regardless of who wins the WH.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2024, 06:29:24 pm »
Great point. I had never considered that he might flip a few House seats which would indeed be great regardless of who wins the WH.

That happened in the New York governor race of 2022. Although Lee Zeldin lost the race for New York governor,  three or four House seats from New York flipped that year to Republican

Barry Goldwater

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2024, 11:40:49 pm »
With all due respect, you are all so out of touch, it's like you've been in a coma these past few years.

"IT'S THE ECONOMY, STUPID!!!" ...James Carville

That doesn't change the fact that Trump will not win NY.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2024, 01:40:49 am »
The first option is the stoner option, @corbe
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2024, 02:54:03 am »
That doesn't change the fact that Trump will not win NY.

The idea that President Trump doesn't win every State kind of scares the heck out of me...for my children and grandchildren.

To quote The Princess Bride...It's "INCONCEIVALBE" !! when you look at the damage to this nation since noon, January 20th 2009.

As history is written by the winners, I sincerely hope the Democrat Party goes the way of the Klu Klux Klan into the trash bin.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2024, 03:03:44 am »
The idea that President Trump doesn't win every State kind of scares the heck out of me...for my children and grandchildren.

To quote The Princess Bride...It's "INCONCEIVALBE" !! when you look at the damage to this nation since noon, January 20th 2009.

As history is written by the winners, I sincerely hope the Democrat Party goes the way of the Klu Klux Klan into the trash bin.

Wish in one hand...

But Tumpy's not going to win NY.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2024, 05:09:24 am »

Well that's what can happen when you run candidates with negatives as high as Trump and with a proven track record of failing to win a majority of the vote.  Twice.

Any other candidate?  It would be a Republican blowout.  But with Trump on the ballot, it will be a miracle to keep the House and win the Senate.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2024, 09:06:41 am »
Well that's what can happen when you run candidates with negatives as high as Trump and with a proven track record of failing to win a majority of the vote.  Twice.

Any other candidate?  It would be a Republican blowout.  But with Trump on the ballot, it will be a miracle to keep the House and win the Senate.

:rolling:  :silly:   :mauslaff: 000hehehehe :laughingdog: :bigsilly: buh bye

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2024, 04:57:07 pm »
2016 - Trump:  46.1% of the vote.  Dems gain two Senate seats.  Dems gain 6 house seats.
2020 - Trump wins 46.8% of the vote.  Dems gain control of the Senate.  Dems hold the House.

FACTS.

Mitt Romney won a higher percentage of the vote in 2012 than Trump ever got.  But then Romney ran considerably to the right of Trump.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2024, 06:06:47 pm »
2016 - Trump:  46.1% of the vote.  Dems gain two Senate seats.  Dems gain 6 house seats.
2020 - Trump wins 46.8% of the vote.  Dems gain control of the Senate.  Dems hold the House.

FACTS.

Mitt Romney won a higher percentage of the vote in 2012 than Trump ever got.  But then Romney ran considerably to the right of Trump.

Uh-huh...not talking about the tallied results...was laughing at the idea Biden received 81 million votes.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2024, 06:17:33 pm »
With all due respect, you are all so out of touch, it's like you've been in a coma these past few years.

"IT'S THE ECONOMY, STUPID!!!" ...James Carville

Which of course has nothing at all to do with Trump.  By this reasoning, the GOP could run any candidate, and that candidate would win.  So why run the risk of running one with such high negatives?

As for Biden in 2020, it's not a question of Biden receiving 81 million votes.  It's a question of the candidate running against Trump receiving 81 million votes.  Biden had nothing to do with it.  Clearly, some people working behind the scenes went to a lot of trouble keeping Trump out of office, meaning that his negatives are a huge liability for the GOP.  Run someone else with much lower negatives, and the GOP wins a landslide across the board.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2024, 06:21:04 pm »
Which of course has nothing at all to do with Trump.  By this reasoning, the GOP could run any candidate, and that candidate would win.  So why run the risk of running one with such high negatives?

As for Biden in 2020, it's not a question of Biden receiving 81 million votes.  It's a question of the candidate running against Trump receiving 81 million votes.  Biden had nothing to do with it.  Clearly, some people working behind the scenes went to a lot of trouble keeping Trump out of office, meaning that his negatives are a huge liability for the GOP.  Run someone else with much lower negatives, and the GOP wins a landslide across the board.

Name one more Republican who could draw the size of crowds Pres Trump does?   We'll wait.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2024, 06:24:32 pm »
Name one more Republican who could draw the size of crowds Pres Trump does?   We'll wait.  *****rollingeyes*****

Drawing a crowd don't mean shit - As is already proven.
You need something more than celebrity.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2024, 06:35:31 pm »
Drawing a crowd don't mean shit - As is already proven.
You need something more than celebrity.

All Hillary had to do was campaign in states like Michigan and Wisconsin and work to get out the vote in those states and not take them for granted and she would’ve won

And that is despite the fact that Donald Trump drew bigger crowds. Hillary’s error and the EC  allowed Trump to eek out a lucky win

The GOP has been on a losing streak since then

Barry Goldwater

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2024, 06:38:08 pm »
ROFL!

@LMAO   @roamer_1  @Hoodat

Would you guyz care to share the name of the strain y'all are smoking?  Got to get me some of that shit!! 

Offline LMAO

« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2024, 06:47:19 pm »
ROFL!

@LMAO   @roamer_1  @Hoodat

Would you guyz care to share the name of the strain y'all are smoking?  Got to get me some of that shit!!

Well, first we have to figure out what you’re disputing

For example, in my home state of Wisconsin, Trump beat Hillary by .77%. Hillary never campaigned in this state. Because she took it for granted that she would get it, like she did in Michigan and Pennsylvania, there was no real ground campaign in places like Madison and Milwaukee

In the popular vote, Hillary beat Trump. Trump won in 2016 because we don’t elect president with the popular vote. But Trump did not get 50% plus of the popular vote

And in Michigan, the percentage difference between Trump and Hillary was even tighter than Wi

« Last Edit: May 27, 2024, 06:51:00 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2024, 06:50:43 pm »
Well, first we have to figure out what you’re disputing

For example, in my home state of Wisconsin, Trump beat Hillary by .77%. Hillary never campaigned in this state. Because she took it for granted that she would get it, like she did in Michigan and Pennsylvania, there was no real ground campaign in places like Madison and Milwaukee

In the popular vote, Hillary beat Trump. Trump won in 2016 because we don’t elect president with the popular vote. But Trump did not get 50% plus of the popular vote

All of this is factual and verifiable. Whether  you accept it or not is up to you

I'm searching for that graphic which shows a complete breakdown summary of how many counties and parishes each WINNING candidate won in previous elections.

The clear message was the entire 2020 Election was stolen outright...no way the POS Biden  won the Presidency.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2024, 06:50:43 pm »
Name one more Republican who could draw the size of crowds Pres Trump does?   We'll wait.

Gee, it took no time at all for you to rip up those goal posts and plant them elsewhere.  What part of '46 %' do you not get?

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2024, 06:51:46 pm »
Gee, it took no time at all for you to rip up those goal posts and plant them elsewhere.  What part of '46 %' do you not get?

LOL!  Happy Memorial Day!    :patriot: