General Category > Military/Defense News

Army Tests Quadcopter Swarm-Launching Uncrewed Ground Vehicle For Clearing Mines

(1/1)

rangerrebew:
Army Tests Quadcopter Swarm-Launching Uncrewed Ground Vehicle For Clearing Mines
Explosive-laden quadcopters deployed via uncrewed ground vehicles could be part of future Army anti-mine operations.

BY
OLIVER PARKEN
|
PUBLISHED MAY 22, 2024 5:32 PM EDT

Groups of drones autonomously launching from uncrewed ground vehicles could well be part of the U.S. Army's future toolkit for mine-clearing operations. That's exactly what the video below showcases, in which 20 drones can be seen flying off from an uncrewed ground vehicle in just 13 seconds.

The video emerged on social media recently, but it isn’t clear where or when it was taken. It does however bear the logo of the Army's Sandhills Project, also known as the Future Breaching Experiment.

Future of warfare: U.S. Army's Sandhills Project team launches 20 drones in 13 seconds for precision anti-tank mine neutralization.

2:30 AM · May 21, 2024

The video player is currently playing an ad. You can skip the ad in 5 sec with a mouse or keyboard
Work on the project has been spearheaded by Fort Liberty's 20th Engineer Brigade, part of the XVIII Airborne Corps, and other service members, industry partners, and independent research and development institutes. The first Sandhills event took place last December at Fort Liberty in North Carolina, during which current robotic breaching capabilities were experimented with in simulated conditions. A second Sandhills event was conducted earlier this year at the Joint Readiness Training Center (JRTC) and Fort Johnson, Louisiana, building on lessons learned during the first exercise.

https://www.twz.com/news-features/army-tests-quadcopter-swarm-launching-uncrewed-ground-vehicle-for-clearing-mines

rangerrebew:

--- Quote from: rangerrebew on May 24, 2024, 02:47:18 pm --- Quadcopter Swarm-Launching Uncrewed Ground Vehicle 

--- End quote ---

I had only read this far before I said to myself it will never work, it's too complicated for the military. :thud:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version