Author Topic: Net Zero Cargo Ships? International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea Demands Climate Action  (Read 139 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Net Zero Cargo Ships? International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea Demands Climate Action
8 hours ago Eric Worrall 
Essay by Eric Worrall

Yet another freedom sapping international treaty committee of unelected apparatchiks.

A new ruling says countries – including NZ – must take action on climate change under the law of the sea

Published: May 24, 2024 6.13am AEST
Karen Scott
Professor in Law, University of Canterbury

In a significant development for small island nations threatened by rising seas, the International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea (ITLOS) has found greenhouse gases constitute marine pollution.

The tribunal handed down a unanimous advisory opinion this week in its first climate-related judgement. It declared countries must take measures to combat climate change in order to preserve the marine environment under the law of the sea.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2024/05/23/zero-carbon-cargo-ships-international-tribunal-for-the-law-of-the-sea-demands-climate-action/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

I've got some action for them.  me ------->   888buttkisser  <-------them
« Last Edit: May 24, 2024, 01:31:02 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson