Author Topic: Final four: Trump drops four names when asked about highly anticipated vice presidential pick  (Read 1016 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Final four: Trump drops four names when asked about highly anticipated vice presidential pick
By
Annabella Rosciglione
May 24, 2024 9:09 am

In a campaign stop in the Bronx, New York, former President Donald Trump named some of his possible vice presidential picks, a sign the list may be shortening.

In an interview with News 12 New York, Trump singled out Dr. Ben Carson, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL), Sen. J.D. Vance (R-OH), and Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-NY) as top options on a list that has continued to grow.

“We have so many,” Trump said when asked about picks for vice president. “You could take people like Ben Carson, people like Marco Rubio, or J.D. Vance. I mean, there’s so many. Elise is doing a fantastic job, but I could go on for quite a long time. We have many people who would do a really fantastic job.”

When asked about the timeline, Trump said he would make a decision “sometime during the convention,” which is when presidential nominees typically announce their vice president. Trump has floated all of these names as picks for various reasons.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/presidential/3016338/final-four-trump-drops-four-names-asked-highly-anticipated-vice-presidential-pick/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Carson and Rubio should not be on the list.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline collins

don't really like this list so much - I still think it will be DeSantis or Tim Scott for some reason. Maybe that guy in ND, not Nikki for sure.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

We already know Rubio can't do it.  12th Amendment, I believe.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Wouldn't pee on Rubio if he was on fire!!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

I hope it's not Carson...I love him but he doesn't have the personality to stand-up to experienced politicians

I am gonna throw Haley in the mix..have a feeling she was promised something for her endorsement..
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline corbe

Carson and Scott are Meekers, one with more racial overtones than the other, similar to his last pick;
 Pence. 
   Noem and Rubio(G_d forbid) are distractions.  It's all Bread and Circuses at this point and I don't care.  I'm used to Trump disappointing ME w/picks.

As long as Ryan and Cruz are appointed as heads of the FED and DOJ, respectively,  I'm happy.

It's easier for a Man to Dream when he's stoned.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Correct -- that is my understanding because of the 12th Amendment.

However I have also read that the President and VP can indeed be from the same state, it's just that the delegates/electors can't vote for both -- so in a close race, it would make a difference.

Consider:

https://www.history.com/news/can-the-president-and-vice-president-be-from-the-same-state
« Last Edit: May 25, 2024, 12:55:29 am by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
   Carson and Scott are Meekers, one with more racial overtones than the other, similar to his last pick;
 Pence. 
   Noem and Rubio(G_d forbid) are distractions.  It's all Bread and Circuses at this point and I don't care.  I'm used to Trump disappointing ME w/picks.

As long as Ryan and Cruz are appointed as heads of the FED and DOJ, respectively,  I'm happy.

It's easier for a Man to Dream when he's stoned.

Ryan?

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
don't really like this list so much - I still think it will be DeSantis or Tim Scott for some reason. Maybe that guy in ND, not Nikki for sure.

No.  It cannot be DeSantis technically, because of the 12th Amendment.

Tim Scott is too meek and mild.

Burgum.  Not a fan.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Out of all of those mentioned, Stefanik of NY.

I see Noem has been dropped from the list.

Offline corbe

Thank You for correcting me @libertybele I meant Rand Paul at the FED.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
We need Cruz in Tx although I would like to see him in the Admin
Support the USO

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
   Thank You for correcting me @libertybele I meant Rand Paul at the FED.

LOL-- @corbe  I knew exactly who you were talking about (stoned or not, I gottcha).   I got a good chuckle.  :silly: :rolling:

Offline corbe

LOL-- @corbe  I knew exactly who you were talking about (stoned or not, I gottcha).   I got a good chuckle.  :silly: :rolling:

Next week I won't be stoned this drunk early @libertybele cause my Bestest will be living here, there's just a certain responsibility to that.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Next week I won't be stoned this drunk early @libertybele cause my Bestest will be living here, there's just a certain responsibility to that.

:beer:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Wouldn't pee on Rubio if he was on fire!!

Me too, so there's that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
We need Cruz in Tx although I would like to see him in the Admin

IMHO IF indeed anyone could possibly drain the swamp it would be Cruz. 

He is desperately needed in the Senate, but in the long run, because Congress and the GOP are so messed up we'd be better off if he left his Senate seat for a position that would have a longer and stronger impact.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
IMHO IF indeed anyone could possibly drain the swamp it would be Cruz. 

He is desperately needed in the Senate, but in the long run, because Congress and the GOP are so messed up we'd be better off if he left his Senate seat for a position that would have a longer and stronger impact.

I don't think Trump would be well-served by poaching from the Senate.  Didn't turn out so well last time in 2017.
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I hope it's not Carson...I love him but he doesn't have the personality to stand-up to experienced politicians

I am gonna throw Haley in the mix..have a feeling she was promised something for her endorsement..

With all due respect, I think you greatly underestimate Ben Carson.  Nicki Haley is a hard NO for me.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
With all due respect, I think you greatly underestimate Ben Carson.  Nicki Haley is a hard NO for me.

Ben Carson without a doubt is quite capable and intelligent, but the drawback to him being a VP and on the campaign trail is that he's too soft spoken, too laid back, and not relatable. Nor can I see him as a negotiator.

Just my observation from when he campaigned back in '16.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I don't think Trump would be well-served by poaching from the Senate.  Didn't turn out so well last time in 2017.

Trump will never utilize Cruz. Trump's ego won't allow it.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Ben Carson without a doubt is quite capable and intelligent, but the drawback to him being a VP and on the campaign trail is that he's too soft spoken, too laid back, and not relatable. Nor can I see him as a negotiator.

Just my observation from when he campaigned back in '16.

I see him very differently. I don't think being rude and crude is a requirement but the ability to say NO and mean it is critical.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Karoline Leavitt to Newsmax: Trump Likely to Announce VP at Convention
Newsmax, May 24, 2024

https://www.newsmax.com/newsmax-tv/trump-vice-president-running-mate/2024/05/24/id/1166118/