Author Topic: The Veepstakes Silly Season  (Read 174 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
The Veepstakes Silly Season
« on: May 24, 2024, 12:01:33 pm »
Lawrence Person's BattleSwarm Blog 5/24/2024

Speculation as to Trump’s 2024 is in full swing, and Sean Trende has an entry in the genre that’s half obvious and half “What are you smoking?”

10. Former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley.

No way in hell. There’s a palpable lack of enthusiasm for Haley among the GOP base, and her primary backers are a tiny cadre of bitter NeverTrumpers. Trump will win South Carolina going away, and the only people likely to back Trump who wouldn’t otherwise would be those Haley campaign staffers hired on for the big show.

9. Arkansas Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders.

Maybe. A safe choice and part of a play to bring middle and upper class white women back into the GOP fold. But not much wow factor, and Arkansas is another state Trump will win running away.

8. Sen. J.D. Vance, Ohio.

Vance won his senate race, but he didn’t knock it out of the park. Trump won Ohio in 2020 so there’s no reason to think he won’t win it this time around. Don’t see it.

2. Former Hawai’i Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard.

A good bit more exciting than Haley, and maybe it would play well with young voters, but a pretty long shot. Would give Democrats a bit of the vapors, but Hawaii is too blue a state for this pick to make it competitive. Plus the last Veep nominee to be successfully elected was John Nance Garner, and he was Speaker of the House (and a very powerful and effective one) and the runner-up to FDR in the 1932 Democratic race, not an obscure back-bencher from the other party with all of one losing Presidential run under her belt.

More: https://www.battleswarmblog.com/?p=58158

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: The Veepstakes Silly Season
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2024, 12:38:56 pm »
Minimal bearing on my choices , unless if the Woke Flag/Monument Buster is given the nod.

Then my choices are all down ballot.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.