Author Topic: The hail in Texas was so big Tuesday that it required a new description  (Read 465 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

MSN.com
Matthew Cappucci
May 29, 2024

LUBBOCK, Tex. — A string of rotating thunderstorms developed across west Texas on Tuesday, dropping record-setting hail and prompting a novel warning message from the National Weather Service. Hail the size of DVDs bombarded communities to the northwest of Lubbock, shattering windshields, damaging structures and even leaving small craters in fields and farmland.

In an unusual turn of events, the biggest hail report, at nearly five inches in diameter, came from … me. I happened to be storm chasing and was stationed in the town of Pettit, Tex., about 40 miles northwest of Lubbock, where I encountered hail larger than grapefruits.

I had pre-chilled a mobile freezer down to 24.8 degrees Fahrenheit to preserve hailstones in the off chance that I happened upon something noteworthy. As luck would have it, I did.

My report prompted the Weather Service to issue a warning for hail five inches in diameter. Examination of a database of Weather Service warnings indicates that this was first such warning among the 122 Weather Forecast Offices serving the United States and its territories since at least 2010.

While Weather Service forecasts have highlighted the potential for hail this big in watches, I could find no record of warnings for DVD-sized hail.

(more)
https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/ar-BB1nhDkY
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Holy hail!
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline corbe

Robin an I watched the storm come in from my deck, passed @ 4 miles North, beautiful show. She moved in and two hours later with a h3ll of a Storm, just a little off track.

PASSSION is my Woman's middle name.

@Texas Robin
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I believe that's referred to as "softball sized hail".
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I believe that's referred to as "softball sized hail".

I've seen it once. In 1984 a couple of days after I had purchased my first brand new truck.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
I have never seen hail that big, little bigger than golfball size was big enough for me.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....