Author Topic: Rand Paul endorses GOP Utah Senate candidate to replace Romney, says he's the 'type of Republican' n  (Read 229 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Rand Paul endorses GOP Utah Senate candidate to replace Romney, says he's the 'type of Republican' needed

A Utah Senate candidate who vowed to "push back against the establishment" if he's elected has earned the support of Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., who said he is the "type of Republican" needed in the upper chamber to replace retiring GOP Sen. Mitt Romney.

Paul endorsed Riverton Mayor Trent Staggs on Thursday, backing a man who gained notoriety in 2020 for his opposition to mask mandates amid the coronavirus pandemic.

"In 2024, Utah will elect a Republican no matter what. It's about what type of Republican," Paul said in a statement shared with Fox News Digital.

"We need someone who will stand with myself and Mike Lee defending the Constitution. We need a Republican who will stand against reckless spending and endless war. I enthusiastically endorse Trent Staggs because he is that type of Republican," Paul added..............

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rand-paul-endorses-gop-utah-senate-candidate-replace-romney-says-type-republican-needed
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline DB

Do Rand Paul and Ted Cruz not get along?

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Do Rand Paul and Ted Cruz not get along?
??? Why @DB ?
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline DB

??? Why @DB ?

Rand mentioned other constitution supporting Republicans that are in the senate but not Cruz. You would think they'd be natural allies.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I think Rand was referring to other politicians from UT.  As far as I know Rand and Cruz get a long just fine.  They don't always agree but I believe for the most part both are pretty much on the same page.

https://www.cruz.senate.gov/newsroom/press-releases/sens-cruz-paul-send-letter-demanding-information-on-cia-whistleblower-allegations-involving-covid-19-origins-investigation
« Last Edit: May 23, 2024, 09:39:31 pm by libertybele »