General Category > Elections 2024

Rand Paul endorses GOP Utah Senate candidate to replace Romney, says he's the 'type of Republican' n

(1/1)

libertybele:
Rand Paul endorses GOP Utah Senate candidate to replace Romney, says he's the 'type of Republican' needed

A Utah Senate candidate who vowed to "push back against the establishment" if he's elected has earned the support of Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., who said he is the "type of Republican" needed in the upper chamber to replace retiring GOP Sen. Mitt Romney.

Paul endorsed Riverton Mayor Trent Staggs on Thursday, backing a man who gained notoriety in 2020 for his opposition to mask mandates amid the coronavirus pandemic.

"In 2024, Utah will elect a Republican no matter what. It's about what type of Republican," Paul said in a statement shared with Fox News Digital.

"We need someone who will stand with myself and Mike Lee defending the Constitution. We need a Republican who will stand against reckless spending and endless war. I enthusiastically endorse Trent Staggs because he is that type of Republican," Paul added..............

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rand-paul-endorses-gop-utah-senate-candidate-replace-romney-says-type-republican-needed

DB:
Do Rand Paul and Ted Cruz not get along?

libertybele:

--- Quote from: DB on May 23, 2024, 09:29:18 pm ---Do Rand Paul and Ted Cruz not get along?

--- End quote ---
??? Why @DB ?

DB:

--- Quote from: libertybele on May 23, 2024, 09:30:57 pm ---??? Why @DB ?

--- End quote ---

Rand mentioned other constitution supporting Republicans that are in the senate but not Cruz. You would think they'd be natural allies.

libertybele:
I think Rand was referring to other politicians from UT.  As far as I know Rand and Cruz get a long just fine.  They don't always agree but I believe for the most part both are pretty much on the same page.

https://www.cruz.senate.gov/newsroom/press-releases/sens-cruz-paul-send-letter-demanding-information-on-cia-whistleblower-allegations-involving-covid-19-origins-investigation

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version