Author Topic: Catholic group sues Biden administration for denying permit for Memorial Day mass: 'Way out of line  (Read 255 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 Catholic group sues Biden administration for denying permit for Memorial Day mass: 'Way out of line'
The Knights of Columbus' Memorial Day mass has a longstanding tradition dating back 60 years
By Kristine Parks Fox News
Published May 22, 2024 4:00pm EDT

‘Special Report’ anchor Bret Baier reports on the wall of honor displaying 645,000 poppy flowers for each military member who died in service.

A Catholic service organization has sued the Biden administration for religious discrimination after it was stopped from holding its longstanding Memorial Day mass at a national cemetery.

Attorneys for the Knights of Columbus filed a motion for a temporary restraining order against the National Park Service (NPS) in Petersburg, Virginia, on Tuesday, after officials refused to grant a permit for the religious service at the Poplar Grove National Cemetery.

"The policy and the decision blocking the Knights of Columbus from continuing their long-standing religious tradition is a blatant violation of the First Amendment and the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA)," McGuireWoods partner John Moran, who is suing the NPS on behalf of the Knights, said in a press release. "We urge the court to grant our restraining order and allow the Knights to hold their service this Memorial Day."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/catholic-group-sues-biden-administration-denying-permit-memorial-day-mass-way-out-line
« Last Edit: May 23, 2024, 08:30:18 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
They were blocked last year too.  Sad deal all around.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online rustynail

Show up anyway.  Force the issue.