General Category > Crime And Punishment

Former Baltimore prosecutor Marilyn Mosby sentenced for perjury and mortgage fraud

(1/1)

mystery-ak:
Former Baltimore prosecutor Marilyn Mosby sentenced for perjury and mortgage fraud
By
Brady Knox
May 23, 2024 4:07 pm

Former Baltimore State’s Attorney Marilyn Mosby was sentenced to time served, three years of supervised release, and one year of home confinement for perjury and mortgage fraud.

Mosby is best known for prosecuting six police officers involved in the death of Freddie Gray in 2015. Her sentencing hearing began Thursday. She was convicted of lying in her financial documents during the COVID-19 pandemic in order to access retirement funds.

Mosby and her defenders claimed the charges were politically motivated and that she was being prosecuted for her actions around the Freddie Gray case.

“I’m confident that this administration will see past the political attacks,” Mosby told MSNBC’s Joy Reid. “I know that I’ve done nothing wrong, nothing criminal.”

Prosecutors are using her steadfastness as evidence she deserves a harsher sentence, as she hasn’t shown remorse.

“These lies demonstrate that Marilyn Mosby is unremorseful, that she has no regard for the truth,” Assistant U.S. Attorney Sean Delaney said.

Prosecutors pushed for a 20-month sentence.

Progressive Democrats have urged Biden to pardon Mosby, though the White House has remained quiet about any plans to do so.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/justice/3015267/former-baltimore-prosecutor-marilyn-mosby-sentenced-for-perjury-and-mortgage-fraud/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version