General Category > Editorial/Opinion/Blogs

The Myth of the J6 Coup

(1/1)

mystery-ak:
May 23, 2024
The Myth of the J6 Coup
By Blaine L. Pardoe

We all hear the talking points of the left regarding President Trump. He’s going to end democracy… there will never be a free election again, he will arrest the media, there will be retribution against his enemies; the list of his alleged evil deeds is almost endless.

Do these actually hold water?

Seizing control of the US government is no simple task. In writing Blue Dawn, I had to go over a number of coup scenarios for the book.  The biggest challenge is that to seize control, you must have complacency or support of the military and the means to still have a functioning government; all the while avoiding the consequences of the law.

Those that claim that January 6th was an insurrection fail to explain how, in any scenario, Donald Trump would have been able to seize and hold power. Even if this fantasy is played out, and the trespassers rounded up Congress had had him certified as the winner of the election, they would have simply reversed that vote the moment they were free. Impeachment would have been a slam dunk if that had been the plan. In reality, it was protest that got out of hand resulting in the tragic death of a single person, a protester.

Let’s play the fiction of January 6th with a scenario where the full Congress and Senate were rendered unable to fulfill their duties after the intrusion in the Capitol, i.e, they were killed. If that had happened, processes exist to replace those roles in every state. Eventually the vote would have been reversed. On the short term, it would provide a false sense of legitimacy to an overthrowing of the government.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2024/05/the_myth_of_the_j6_coup.html

Smokin Joe:

--- Quote from: mystery-ak on May 23, 2024, 06:08:59 pm ---May 23, 2024
The Myth of the J6 Coup
By Blaine L. Pardoe

We all hear the talking points of the left regarding President Trump. He’s going to end democracy… there will never be a free election again, he will arrest the media, there will be retribution against his enemies; the list of his alleged evil deeds is almost endless.

Do these actually hold water?

Seizing control of the US government is no simple task. In writing Blue Dawn, I had to go over a number of coup scenarios for the book.  The biggest challenge is that to seize control, you must have complacency or support of the military and the means to still have a functioning government; all the while avoiding the consequences of the law.

Those that claim that January 6th was an insurrection fail to explain how, in any scenario, Donald Trump would have been able to seize and hold power. Even if this fantasy is played out, and the trespassers rounded up Congress had had him certified as the winner of the election, they would have simply reversed that vote the moment they were free. Impeachment would have been a slam dunk if that had been the plan. In reality, it was protest that got out of hand resulting in the tragic death of a single person, a protester.

Let’s play the fiction of January 6th with a scenario where the full Congress and Senate were rendered unable to fulfill their duties after the intrusion in the Capitol, i.e, they were killed. If that had happened, processes exist to replace those roles in every state. Eventually the vote would have been reversed. On the short term, it would provide a false sense of legitimacy to an overthrowing of the government.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2024/05/the_myth_of_the_j6_coup.html

--- End quote ---
Two people. Rosanne Boyland was beaten to death by a Capitol Hill cop.
https://www.theepochtimes.com/us/videos-shed-light-on-death-of-rosanne-boyland-at-us-capitol-on-jan-6-4200155?utm_medium=GoogleAds&utm_source=PerfmaxM&utm_campaign=PM_maxV_Planet_20240413&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjw0ruyBhDuARIsANSZ3woVKSSycAcw6Z2-j2hYm7n4tWVXpu9KSZ0OGzqsVr5mQvg8UWEuef0aAtuWEALw_wcB

The reality is that people in the most (legally) armed part of the political spectrum failed to bring weapons to an alleged coup. Seems like one Hell of an oversight to me, if your intent is taking over a country.

Maj. Bill Martin:

--- Quote from: Smokin Joe on May 23, 2024, 08:30:29 pm ---

The reality is that people in the most (legally) armed part of the political spectrum failed to bring weapons to an alleged coup. Seems like one Hell of an oversight to me, if your intent is taking over a country.

--- End quote ---

Exactly.  It's why the claims of "insurrection" or "coup" are so bogus.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version