Author Topic: THIRTEEN conservative counties in Oregon approve ballot measures for SECESSION  (Read 555 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Daily Mail By Bethan Sexton 5/22/2024

THIRTEEN conservative counties in Oregon approve ballot measures for SECESSION vote that would see them join non-woke Idaho - as they issue list of demands

•  13 liberal Oregon counties support moving to Conservative Idaho
•  Crook County became latest to approve Greater Idaho Measures on Tuesday
•  Supporters want to escape progressive politics and high taxes

Thirteen fed-up counties in liberal Oregon have voted in support of measures to start negotiations to secede from the state and join conservative Idaho.

Crook County became the latest to approve the 'Greater Idaho Measure' following a vote on Tuesday.

The proposal seeks to move the Oregon border 200 miles to the west, meaning that 14 counties and several partial counties would fall under Idaho state lines.

Organizers behind the Greater Idaho movement say east Oregonians are being alienated by the state's progressive policies which they blame for high crime rates.

They claim a move to Idaho would allow residents to take advantage of lower taxation and provide better representation and governance.

More: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13447357/THIRTEEN-conservative-counties-Oregon-approve-ballot-measures-SECESSION-vote-join-non-woke-Idaho-issue-list-demands.html

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Only problem is you can't change State Lines without Congressional approval, and the precedent would have upstate leaving the City in NY, and other rank modifications (NorCal its own State?) too, so the Dems would have fits to stop it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

Only problem is you can't change State Lines without Congressional approval, and the precedent would have upstate leaving the City in NY, and other rank modifications (NorCal its own State?) too, so the Dems would have fits to stop it.

Yep. Federal issue. What the counties think doesn't matter at all.
Never gonna happen.

Offline Smokin Joe

Yep. Federal issue. What the counties think doesn't matter at all.
Never gonna happen.
Last time it was done the Yankees tore off a chunk of Virginia.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

I think western Montana ought to be Idaho too... We have more in common with points west than over the hump...

Offline Smokin Joe

I think western Montana ought to be Idaho too... We have more in common with points west than over the hump...
Dunno. The very eastern part, east of the Sweetgrass Hills is generally conservative, except for the reservations, who have been conned like the inner cities. There is a fair amount of oil production east of the hump.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

And violated the Constitution in doing so.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-