Author Topic: Biden polling drag creates split-ticket openings in swing Senate races  (Read 218 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden polling drag creates split-ticket openings in swing Senate races
By
Samantha-Jo Roth
May 23, 2024 5:00 am

Democratic Senate candidates in critical swing states are running well ahead of President Joe Biden and lead their Republican rivals, but Pennsylvania Senate Republican candidate Dave McCormick believes he’s got a plan to ensure the commonwealth turns red for both himself and former President Donald Trump.

“Bob Casey has been the status quo; he’s voted with Biden 98% of the time,” McCormick said, speaking to the Washington Examiner in an interview. “I’ve made huge progress on people getting to know me and that is being reflected in the polls.”

McCormick’s strategy: tie incumbent Sen. Bob Casey (D-PA) to Biden as much as possible, capitalizing on the president’s sinking job approval ratings in the Keystone State over inflation and the border crisis.

The wealthy finance executive and veteran is working to erase Casey’s advantage as a three-term senator whose father was a governor of Pennsylvania. Casey regularly outpolls Biden in the state, where Democrats have enjoyed victory since Trump’s stunning upset over Hillary Clinton in 2016.

“[Casey] has not had any major legislative accomplishments, and people are deeply worried about the future of the country,” McCormick explained. “I think that lays the groundwork for an outsider who has had my background of experience in the military, in business, and so forth.”

McCormick trails his Democratic incumbent challenger in averages of recent polling. In fact, a recent battleground state Siena College poll released last week found Democratic Senate candidates in Pennsylvania, Arizona, Nevada, and Wisconsin are leading their Republican opponents and are running ahead of Biden in critical states that could determine the outcome of the 2024 election.

The results found Casey has the support of 46% of voters, compared to McCormick’s 41%. However, former Trump holds a slim advantage in a head-to-head race with Biden, 47% to 44%.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/3012317/biden-polling-drag-split-swing-senate-races/
« Last Edit: May 23, 2024, 01:04:39 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I do not and never will "split a ticket".

The DCommunist party is THE ENEMY.

No matter what a person who identifies with that party may say, no matter how attractive he may try to make himself, the very fact that he (again) identifies with the DCommunists tells me all I need to know about him.

I've come to the conclusion that it's less a matter of voting for individuals, than voting for an entity that will protect one's interests and values.

Thus, I have no problems voting for a "sonofabi**h" -- just so long as he's OUR "sonofabi**h".

Offline LMAO

No matter what a person who identifies with that party may say, no matter how attractive he may try to make himself, the very fact that he (again) identifies with the DCommunists tells me all I need to know about him.

Or her
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy