Author Topic: Authorities Bust Chicago Ring For Fraudulent Robberies To Aid In Immigration Benefits  (Read 135 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Authorities Bust Chicago Ring For Fraudulent Robberies To Aid In Immigration Benefits

MARIANE ANGELA
CONTRIBUTOR
May 22, 2024
9:29 PM ET
FONT SIZE:

Authorities busted a Chicago ring accused of staging fraudulent robberies to secure immigration benefits, the New York Post reported Wednesday.

Six men allegedly orchestrated armed robberies across Chicago as part of a scheme to qualify their so-called victims for immigration benefits under the U Visa program, according to the New York Post. This visa is designed to aid victims of crimes who cooperate with law enforcement in the investigation or prosecution of criminal activity.

The alleged ringleaders, Parth Nayi, 26, and Kewon Young, 31, were at the helm of this operation, manipulating staged robberies involving local businesses like restaurants, coffee shops, liquor stores and gas stations, the outlet reported. Their accomplices included Bhikhabhai Patel, 51, from Kentucky; Nilesh Patel, 32, from Tennessee; Ravinaben Patel, 23, from Wisconsin; and Rajnikumar Patel, 32, from Florida. These individuals allegedly paid thousands of dollars to be portrayed as victims of these orchestrated crimes.

https://dailycaller.com/2024/05/22/chicago-ring-fraudulent-robberies-aid-immigration-benefits/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson