Author Topic: Expedited asylum policies ‘will devastate,’ harm migrants, advocates say Story by Sandra Sanchez • 9  (Read 183 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

McALLEN, Texas (Border Report) — An expedited asylum system recently announced by the Biden administration to reduce illegal entries on the Southwest border will have “deadly impacts” on migrants, migrant advocacy groups said Thursday.

New rocket docket for adult migrant arrivals announced
“These efforts go against the ideals that represent the best of our country and will devastate and have potentially deadly impacts for people seeking safety,” Maribel Hernandez Rivera, director of policy and government affairs for border and immigration for the ACLU said during an online news conference held by the Welcome With Dignity Campaign on Thursday.

The Biden administration last week announced a new rocket docket process that would be implemented in five cities to quickly screen and remove unqualifying migrants who cross the border seeking U.S. asylum.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/expedited-asylum-policies-will-devastate-harm-migrants-advocates-say/ar-BB1mSByD?ocid=widgetonlockscreen&cvid=156d242e9c774ed9ae5a88dacc4d5987&ei=61
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
And the problem is? :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson