Author Topic: If the Dems ditch Biden, what then?  (Read 832 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
If the Dems ditch Biden, what then?
« on: May 22, 2024, 05:36:24 pm »
May 22, 2024
If the Dems ditch Biden, what then?
By Mark C. Ross

Douglas MacKinnon, writing in The Hill, recently suggested that the Democrats were going to nominate somebody else at their August convention.  No problem here — and his reason is that Ol’ Joe is so unpopular that anybody else would do better against Trump.  But how much better?

Besides the obvious problem of the horrible optics that come with dumping the nation’s chief executive in front of the whole world, there’s also the problem of timing.  August is perhaps way too late to grab a fresh candidate out of (ahem) a rather limited bullpen.  Actually, all of 2024 is way too late from the standpoint of political feasibility.  FYI, Lyndon Johnson withdrew consideration for his second full term on March 31, 1968 — in the face of similar distress within his party — and Johnson was a much more astute politician than Biden...which still didn’t help Hubert Humphrey at all.

Others are also speculating that Biden’s abrupt commitment to debate Trump was really a move by party insiders to expedite Biden’s collapse and subsequent withdrawal.  But to what end?

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2024/05/if_the_dems_ditch_biden_what_then.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DB

Re: If the Dems ditch Biden, what then?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2024, 05:46:51 pm »
Both candidates are widely disliked.

A sudden alternative may well win in a landslide. It takes time to find out the negative details of a candidate and with little time left that may well work in their favor.

This situation is unlike any from the past to reference to.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2024, 09:14:46 pm »
Cankles - Cackles 2024
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2024, 09:40:51 pm »
There is a lot of risks for Democrats to replace Biden at this point

But I can’t see Biden doing a full campaign season. He can’t finish two sentences even with a teleprompter . And his handlers and the press  are  having a more difficult time hiding his decline from the public
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2024, 11:11:14 pm »
ol' white joe isn't going to make it through a second term.
Everyone knows that.

He might not even make it until his second term.

What to do... what to do...?
How about... "The Great Switcheroo" ???

joe bows out either just before or during the DCommunist convention, taking kamala with him.

Start up the smoky backrooms.
Who will then get the nod...?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2024, 03:49:30 am »
ol' white joe isn't going to make it through a second term.
Everyone knows that.

He might not even make it until his second term.

What to do... what to do...?
How about... "The Great Switcheroo" ???

joe bows out either just before or during the DCommunist convention, taking kamala with him.

Start up the smoky backrooms.
Who will then get the nod...?

Why would Joe/Jill choose to do that?   Nobody has the ability to force him out so it has to be his decision.  And if he did that, it would be an admission on his part that he is too old/useless/incompetent.  And what ego-driven elderly politician wants to admit to themselves that their life is basically over? 

Especially this guy, for whom being President is his life's ambition.

Offline DB

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2024, 04:51:07 am »
Why would Joe/Jill choose to do that?   Nobody has the ability to force him out so it has to be his decision.  And if he did that, it would be an admission on his part that he is too old/useless/incompetent.  And what ego-driven elderly politician wants to admit to themselves that their life is basically over? 

Especially this guy, for whom being President is his life's ambition.

All they have to do is let his obvious corruption become a DOJ issue instead of burying it. Game over for Biden.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2024, 12:43:11 pm »
All they have to do is let his obvious corruption become a DOJ issue instead of burying it. Game over for Biden.

The time to have done that was last fall.   Doing it this close to the election would be a disaster for them, and Joe/Jill would fight it anyway.  It would be dragged out until well after the election.  Not to mention that leaves them with Kamala....

A huge problem they have is that their party is as fractured as ours. That's the reason Biden was the nominee in 2020, and that's the reason why he wasn't challenged in 2024.  They needed someone who was kind of a blank slate and didn't really represent any particular faction of the party.

But if you replace him, there would now have to be a fight as to who the replacement nominee would be. It also would mean that voters themselves would have no voice as to who the nominee would be, which will piss off whatever faction loses.

The time to have gotten rid of Joe would have been last year so that they could have had a normal primary process to select a new nominee. That window has closed for them, so they are stuck with Joe.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2024, 12:48:38 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2024, 06:19:00 pm »
The time to have done that was last fall.   Doing it this close to the election would be a disaster for them, and Joe/Jill would fight it anyway.  It would be dragged out until well after the election.  Not to mention that leaves them with Kamala....

A huge problem they have is that their party is as fractured as ours. That's the reason Biden was the nominee in 2020, and that's the reason why he wasn't challenged in 2024.  They needed someone who was kind of a blank slate and didn't really represent any particular faction of the party.

But if you replace him, there would now have to be a fight as to who the replacement nominee would be. It also would mean that voters themselves would have no voice as to who the nominee would be, which will piss off whatever faction loses.

The time to have gotten rid of Joe would have been last year so that they could have had a normal primary process to select a new nominee. That window has closed for them, so they are stuck with Joe.

Agree

I’ve been hearing how they’re gonna get rid of Biden for the last three years and replace him with Michelle Obama and yet he still here and out there campaigning. 

It will be Trump and Biden this November

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline rustynail

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2024, 06:21:03 pm »
Obama calls the play.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2024, 07:06:43 pm »

I bet Hilldawg has an updated 2024 enemies list of Dems to purge from the Party.

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2024, 08:26:20 pm »

Agree

I’ve been hearing how they’re gonna get rid of Biden for the last three years and replace him with Michelle Obama and yet he still here and out there campaigning. 

It will be Trump and Biden this November

The speculation was more reasonable before both of them had sewn up an automatic first round win at their respective Conventions.

Offline DB

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2024, 09:03:04 pm »
The curtain is wide open on Biden. There's no hiding what a mess he is anymore.

I'll still be shocked if the Democrats can stomach that humiliation come election day.

Democrats are pretty creative at getting what they want and are not hindered by the law, ethics or much else. Just look at the current New York "trial" for reference...

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2024, 01:21:21 am »
A better move for the 'Rats would be to keep Biden and replace Harris with someone likeable, with the idea that the VP would succeed to the Presidency in short order.  I'm not sure who they have that would be likeable, since their whole party is dominated by woke scolds and those who aren't are swamp creatures like Pelosi and Schumer, but they can surely find someone closer to likeable than Harris.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.