Author Topic: I was inside the court when the judge closed the Trump trial, and what I saw shocked me.. By Alan D  (Read 308 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 I was inside the court when the judge closed the Trump trial, and what I saw shocked me
By Social Links for Alan Dershowitz
Published May 21, 2024
Updated May 21, 2024, 1:41 p.m. ET

I have observed and participated in trials throughout the world. I have seen justice and injustice in China, Russia, Ukraine, England, France, Italy, Israel, as well as in nearly 40 of our 50 states.

But in my 60 years as a lawyer and law professor, I have never seen a spectacle such as the one I observed sitting in the front row of the courthouse yesterday.

Alan Dershowitz was allowed to stay in the courtroom during former President Donald Trump’s hush money trial while Judge Juan Merchan scolded witness Robert Costello. Steven Hirsch

Many experienced lawyers raised their eyebrows when the judge excluded obviously relevant evidence when offered by the defense, while including irrelevant evidence offered by the prosecution.

But when the defense’s only substantive witness, the experienced attorney Robert Costello, raised his eyebrows at one of New York Supreme Court Justice Juan Merchan’s rulings, the court went berserk.

more
https://nypost.com/2024/05/21/opinion/i-was-inside-the-court-when-the-judge-closed-the-trump-trial-and-what-i-saw-shocked-me/

The judge in Donald Trump’s trial was an absolute tyrant, though he appeared to the jury to be a benevolent despot. He seemed automatically to be ruling against the defendant at every turn.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Continuing to do business in New York City It’s like continuing to do business in Venezuela.

The risk is on them. If anybody is doing any kind of business in New York City or investing, it would probably be a good idea for them to get out now

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Inside a courtroom, especially during a criminal trial, it's the judge's job to maintain order and decorum - two things unfamiliar to Trump.

If Trump doesn't like it, he's free to appeal.

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Inside a courtroom, especially during a criminal trial, it's the judge's job to maintain order and decorum - two things unfamiliar to Trump.

If Trump doesn't like it, he's free to appeal.

Hold that thought until you get a look at the Jury Instructions.  It appears that deck is being stacked as well.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I think that the very best case scenario for Trump is a hung jury.  Otherwise I'm afraid that he may be convicted; of what, it's not quite certain. How can they prove fraud when Cohen admitted to lying???
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline DB

In all likelihood all the people who created this sham "trial" will suddenly retire wealthy because they got the outcome their paymasters wanted.

Never mind the law, justice or ethics.

There is no way the results of this trial will stand on appeal - but that wasn't the goal. It was all theater for a short-term result before an election which they likely achieved.