Author Topic: 18th Airborne orders soldiers on staff duty to get 4 hours of sleep  (Read 188 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

18th Airborne orders soldiers on staff duty to get 4 hours of sleep
Sleep deprivation for service members is a recurring issue for the military.
By Riley Ceder
 May 21, 2024, 10:45 AM

The 18th Airborne Corps published a memo over the weekend that says soldiers on staff duty have to sleep for at least four consecutive hours.

The memo lays out the logistics for who’s in charge of making sure soldiers clock out to take their slumber and explicitly states that units can’t hold soldiers past their shift to sleep. Typically, during staff duty, soldiers man the front desk and conduct checks of unit headquarters within their unit’s area of operation.

Maj. David Nixon, an operations officer for the 18th Airborne Corps, recommended the sleep guidelines as part of his field officer of the day duties, according to Capt. Victoria Horn, an Army spokesperson. The duties require him to identify issues and recommend solutions.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-army/2024/05/21/18th-airborne-orders-soldiers-on-staff-duty-to-get-4-hours-of-sleep/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Isn't the Army concerned the troops will get fat and lethargic with that much sleep? wink777
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson