Author Topic: Judgment Day: Democrats bank on abortion to carry Biden as GOP adjusts strategy  (Read 407 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Judgment Day: Democrats bank on abortion to carry Biden as GOP adjusts strategy
By
Mabinty Quarshie
May 22, 2024 7:00 am

Election Day is less than six months away, and voters have a familiar choice of Joe Biden and Donald Trump. Unless it’s The Godfather Part II, sequels rarely live up to the hype. Although it may look like a 2020 repeat, the stars are competing in a different game and under different rules. This series, ‘Judgment Day: Why 2024 rematch won’t be any old sequel, investigates the key differences from 2020. Part Three is on the first presidential election post Roe v. Wade reversal.

Less than six months until the November election, Democrats are counting on women, infuriated over the Supreme Court striking down the landmark Roe v. Wade case, to save them once again.

Lingering anger over the loss of abortion rights two years ago has led to Democratic victories in multiple elections despite a host of issues threatening the party, including rising grocery and gas prices, protests against the Israel-Hamas war, and growing disapproval of President Joe Biden.

After stinging defeats in the 2022 midterm elections and numerous state-level ballot measures, Republicans, led by former President Donald Trump, have sought to find a middle ground on abortion by allowing states to decide restrictions without federal interference.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/presidential/3002412/democrats-bank-abortion-carry-biden-2024/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

People can and have voted for candidates that favored more abortion restrictions even if they themselves don’t agree with that candidate’s position.

The abortion issue is going to be used as an excuse if Donald Trump should lose this November
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
This issue is definitely going to "shift the ground" under the floor of the upcoming elections in Florida, specifically. Not long ago a poll showed that there was a 61% approval rating for the pro-abortion state constitutional amendment.

If that holds, those voters (mostly women) are going to "shift" the weight of the election with the candidates, as well.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I have no problem with this. If the voting citizens of this nation want to sacrifice themselves on the altar of abortion, then we deserve the govt and economy we get.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Why not? His whole administration has been an abortion from day one.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis