Author Topic: New York Migrant Complains: Not Enough Welfare, Aid  (Read 144 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New York Migrant Complains: Not Enough Welfare, Aid
« on: May 22, 2024, 01:16:48 pm »
New York Migrant Complains: Not Enough Welfare, Aid

by WARNER TODD HUSTON 21 May 2024

A migrant from the Dominican Republic told reporters that New York’s government is not living up to its promises to help migrants settle in American neighborhoods and to be handed freebies and jobs.

Yaniry Pena spoke through tears to WHEC-TV in a video posted Friday, and blasted officials of New York’s Monroe County for making life much harder than she expected.

According to the report, Pena and her children left their Dominican Republic home and made their way to El Salvador and embarked on a dangerous month and a half trip to the border where they crossed into the U.S.A.

Pena says that she has been traumatized by how she has been treated in New York as she spoke to the news outlet through an interpreter because she speaks no English.

“It’s very traumatic,” the bitter Pena said. “She says it’s been quite traumatic. Everything that has been told to us to come to Monroe County, to Rochester hasn’t been fulfilled.”

https://www.breitbart.com/immigratio...h-welfare-aid/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: New York Migrant Complains: Not Enough Welfare, Aid
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2024, 01:18:49 pm »
I guess that means the Dominican Republic has better welfare than the USA!  Go back, then, and get it! :yowsa:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson