Author Topic: Unexpected Freedom  (Read 281 times)

Offline libertybele

Unexpected Freedom
« on: May 21, 2024, 08:11:47 pm »
I ran across this and hopefully it will give you a little mood booster......(I did change a few things here and there)....

UNEXPECTED FREEDOM

"I am now, probably for the first time in my life, most like the person I have always wanted to be.  Sure, sometimes I despair over the wrinkles, the baggy eyes, and the sagging chin.  In fact, often I am taken aback by noticing that old person in the mirror, but I don't agonize over it anymore.

I have a wonderful life and would never trade my amazing friends (including my Briefer buddies) or loving family for less gray hair or a flatter belly.  I've become kinder to myself.  I've become my own friend.  I don't chide myself for eating that extra cookie, for not making my bed, or for buying that silly cement gecko that I didn't need but looks so avant-garde on my patio. I am entitled to overeat, to be messy, to be extravagant.  I can say "no" and mean it.  I can also say "yes" and mean it.

Great freedom comes with aging.  Whose business is it if I choose to read or play on the computer until 4 a.m. or sleep until noon?  I will walk the beach in a swimsuit that is stretched over a bulging body and dive into waves with abandon if I choose to, despite the pitying glances from the bikini set. They, too, will get old!

As I become older, it is easier to be positive.  I care less about what other people think.  I don't question myself anymore.  I've even earned the right to be wrong.  I like being old because it has set me free!

I genuinely like the person I have become.  I won't live forever, but while, I am still here, I will waste no time lamenting what could have been or worrying about what will be." 

Today, I wish you all a day of ordinary miracles and the unexpected freedom of aging with joy!!! 

God Bless Each and Everyone of You!!!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Unexpected Freedom
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2024, 11:12:05 pm »
Nice, but why wait?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2024, 11:33:19 pm »
I decided to be this way the day I retired.  Never regretted it. It really is liberating!  Not giving a crap what others think came very easy, because I didn't care about such things my entire life.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2024, 11:46:55 pm »

I won't live forever, but while, I am still here, I will waste no time lamenting what could have been or worrying about what will be."

I sincerely wish I could get there but my mental makeup won't allow it.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien