General Category > General Discussion

Unexpected Freedom

(1/1)

libertybele:
I ran across this and hopefully it will give you a little mood booster......(I did change a few things here and there)....

UNEXPECTED FREEDOM

"I am now, probably for the first time in my life, most like the person I have always wanted to be.  Sure, sometimes I despair over the wrinkles, the baggy eyes, and the sagging chin.  In fact, often I am taken aback by noticing that old person in the mirror, but I don't agonize over it anymore.

I have a wonderful life and would never trade my amazing friends (including my Briefer buddies) or loving family for less gray hair or a flatter belly.  I've become kinder to myself.  I've become my own friend.  I don't chide myself for eating that extra cookie, for not making my bed, or for buying that silly cement gecko that I didn't need but looks so avant-garde on my patio. I am entitled to overeat, to be messy, to be extravagant.  I can say "no" and mean it.  I can also say "yes" and mean it.

Great freedom comes with aging.  Whose business is it if I choose to read or play on the computer until 4 a.m. or sleep until noon?  I will walk the beach in a swimsuit that is stretched over a bulging body and dive into waves with abandon if I choose to, despite the pitying glances from the bikini set. They, too, will get old!

As I become older, it is easier to be positive.  I care less about what other people think.  I don't question myself anymore.  I've even earned the right to be wrong.  I like being old because it has set me free!

I genuinely like the person I have become.  I won't live forever, but while, I am still here, I will waste no time lamenting what could have been or worrying about what will be." 

Today, I wish you all a day of ordinary miracles and the unexpected freedom of aging with joy!!! 

God Bless Each and Everyone of You!!!

Smokin Joe:
Nice, but why wait?

Cyber Liberty:
I decided to be this way the day I retired.  Never regretted it. It really is liberating!  Not giving a crap what others think came very easy, because I didn't care about such things my entire life.

Bigun:

--- Quote ---I won't live forever, but while, I am still here, I will waste no time lamenting what could have been or worrying about what will be."
--- End quote ---

I sincerely wish I could get there but my mental makeup won't allow it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version