Author Topic: Biden administration releases 1M barrels of reserve gasoline in effort to lower prices  (Read 736 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Biden administration releases 1M barrels of reserve gasoline in effort to lower prices
by Rachel Frazin - 05/21/24 2:03 PM ET

The Biden administration is releasing about 1 million barrels of reserve gasoline supplies as part of an effort to bring down prices at the pump in the Northeastern U.S.

In a statement on the announcement, Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm said Tuesday described the effort as “strategically releasing this reserve in between Memorial Day and July 4th.”

This is being done to make sure “sufficient supply flows to the tri-state and northeast at a time hardworking Americans need it the most,” she said.

“The Biden-Harris Administration is laser focused on lowering prices at the pump for American families, especially as drivers hit the road for summer driving season,” Granholm added.

Typically, gasoline prices rise in the summer as Americans hit the roads amid warm weather and summer vacations.

Gasoline prices are often controlled by cyclical and global factors, while presidents have limited impacts. Nevertheless, the prices are often the subject of political scrutiny, especially in an election year.

The administration said that the barrels will be sold in 100,000-barrel increments. Most will be sold from the gasoline storage site in Port Reading, N.J., while some will come from a site in South Portland, Maine.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/4677411-biden-granholm-1-million-barrels-reserve-gasoline-gas-prices/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Shoring up the Blue states liberal votes. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Shoring up the Blue states liberal votes.

That's why I posted this in Elections 2024...everything Biden does now is for votes...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
That's why I posted this in Elections 2024...everything Biden does now is for votes...

Well, Joe said he would be "Transparent"

Offline roamer_1

That ain't how you do it.

Online LMAO

Won’t that have to be refilled at some point?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DB

Won’t that have to be refilled at some point?

Apparently the reserve is too degraded to refill. So once out, it's out. Its purpose was for a national emergency which has now been transformed into a Biden political emergency - using other people's money and resources.

Online mountaineer

It went up 29 cents per gallon overnight here. Gee, Joe, hurry up with the last few drops left in the reserve!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
It went up 29 cents per gallon overnight here. Gee, Joe, hurry up with the last few drops left in the reserve!

We are at around $3.70 here.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

There's still oil in the Strategic Petroleum Reserve?
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online mountaineer

We are at around $3.70 here.
We went from $3.36 to $3.65, presto change-o.

Offline libertybele

I'm bracing myself -- we're still at $3.35 here.

Offline libertybele

Heading into the election -- it's not going to do Joe any favors if gas prices continues to rise. Prices will come down right before the election and spring right back up afterwards.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
One million barrels, that’s what less than one sixth of what Americans use in a day?

Online Wingnut

That ain't how you do it.

Money for nothing and your votes for free. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
One million barrels, that’s what less than one sixth of what Americans use in a day?
Even less than that. Americans use 8.94 million barrels of gasoline a day. It amounts to about 11 percent of our daily usage. IOW, not enough to make a significant price difference except if it was done in a localized market or markets.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

Cindy
@luvthecountry
I sincerely hope we are never at a point that the strategic oil reserves would be needed for their intent.  We’d be up a very deep creek without a paddle
12:56 PM · May 21, 2024

Jesse Kelly
@JesseKellyDC
I’ve got some very bad news for you then about America’s manufacturing capability. When it comes to a war time economy, we are now painted rust. If a major WWII-style conflict kicked off, we’d quickly be out of fuel and ammunition. Country has been gutted.
12:59 PM · May 21, 2024

Online mountaineer