Author Topic: Lawmakers press investigation into DEI agenda at the Pentagon  (Read 112 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Lawmakers press investigation into DEI agenda at the Pentagon
By Casey Harper | The Center Square 19 hrs ago

TCS - Marines participate in a defense of the amphibious task force gunnery exercise in the East China Sea.

Chris Williamson | Department of Defense
(The Center Square) – A coalition of lawmakers is pushing forward the ongoing investigation into just how much taxpayer money Pentagon officials are taking away from national defense and putting toward diversity, equity and inclusivity initiatives.

The Pentagon has been under increasing scrutiny for its focus on DEI, even as the Ukraine-Russia and Israel-Hamas wars continue.

The lawmakers sent a letter to the Defense Advisory Committee on Diversity and Inclusion Chair General (Ret.) Lester Lyles expressing concerns that the focus on DEI was a distraction and was hurting recruitment.

https://www.thecentersquare.com/national/article_1d194cca-16d8-11ef-a580-f75eda2a1be5.html
« Last Edit: May 21, 2024, 02:10:05 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Lawmakers press investigation into DEI agenda at the Pentagon
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2024, 02:13:15 pm »
Because the Sec. Def. is a person of color, lawmakers, in their usual slinky way, will find nothing or stuff so trivial as to mean nothing.  They may be honest but when was the last time you saw an honest politician? :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson