Author Topic: American missionary couple killed by gang in Haiti, family says  (Read 557 times)

Offline mountaineer

Joe don't care.
American missionary couple killed by gang in Haiti, family says
 Story by Andy Rose, AnneClaire Stapleton and Hande Atay Alam, CNN via MSN
May 24, 2024

A married couple from the US who were serving as missionaries in Haiti were killed there on Thursday, family members said.

Davy and Natalie Lloyd “were attacked by gangs this evening and were both killed,” Natalie Lloyd’s father, Missouri state Rep. Ben Baker, said in a Facebook post. “They went to Heaven together.”

The Lloyds were married in 2022, according to Baker’s social media, and worked for Missions in Haiti, Inc., which has been operated by Davy Lloyd’s parents for more than two decades, according to the group’s website.

“This evening when Davy, Natalie and the kids were coming out of Youth at the church they were ambushed by a gang of 3 trucks full of guys,” the organization posted to their Facebook page Thursday. “Davy was taken to the house tied up and beat. The gang then took our trucks and loaded everything up they wanted and left.”

Three hours later, Missions in Haiti posted that Davy and Natalie “were shot and killed by the gang about 9 o’clock this evening. We all are devastated.” ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Re: American missionary couple killed by gang in Haiti, family says
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2024, 05:55:53 pm »
BBC: US missionaries killed in Haiti gang violence

A US missionary couple were among three people killed in Haiti as widespread gang violence continues to plague the country.

Natalie Lloyd, 21, her 23-year-old husband David, and Jude Montis, a 20-year-old Haitian, were ambushed by gunmen as they left a church.

The couple's deaths were confirmed on Facebook by Natalie's father, Missouri State Senator Ben Baker.

"They were attacked by gangs this evening and were both killed," he wrote. "They went to heaven together."

The couple were married in 2022.

Their organisation, Missions in Haiti, confirmed to US media that Mr Montis was the third victim.

In an earlier Facebook post, the organisation said that the three were attacked by two separate armed groups, beginning with an attack by gunmen in three vehicles. ...

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2024, 06:22:07 pm »
Just reading this on Fox...so sad.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2024, 09:07:42 pm »
(sigh)
You're not going to like this post.

A beautiful -- but hopelessly misguided -- young couple.

No matter how well-intended and caring they might have been, they didn't have the common sense to comprehend that as whites they would be targets there.

And they've paid the price for such stupidity.

When will the white folks of the world wake up...?

I TOLD YOU that you weren't going to like this post.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2024, 09:38:28 pm »
I TOLD YOU that you weren't going to like this post.
It doesn't matter whether I like it. These two were obeying the Jesus Christ's command to preach the Gospel.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2024, 09:52:57 pm »
 *****rollingeyes***** Missionaries are not stupid. They know what they are doing is risky. Their choice is carefully considered and usually they go through preparation of significant duration. They understand the risks they are assuming, but do what they do for a higher purpose.

*****rollingeyes***** The parents of the young man have operated Missions in Haiti, Inc. for his entire life, plus or minus a year or two. His parents and he himself understand conditions in Haiti very well, and he may even have grown up there, in part or entirely.

*****rollingeyes***** The young lady's father, Missouri State Representative Ben Baker, is a graduate of Ozark Bible Institute and was Dean of Students there, so he and his family also would at least understand the risks in missions work (if not conditions in Haiti specifically).

Don't call stupid people you seem not to understand.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2024, 10:01:11 pm »
Idiots
If you think they were not raped before being killed, then I wish you the best peace of mind.
The locals see it as arrogance, that White people come there and assume they are safe.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2024, 10:07:03 pm »
The locals see it as arrogance, that White people come there and assume they are safe.
Nonsense. Christian missionaries have been welcomed in Haiti for decades. One of my friends served there for many years, and the only issue she had to contend with was the occasional tropical storm.

The Haitian people do not express hated of missionaries, least of all about their "whiteness." These are just criminal gangs who want to kill and rob everyone. No one in Haiti is safe from these thugs, whether black or white.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2024, 10:08:57 pm »
No one in Haiti is safe from these thugs, whether black or white.
That is exactly my point. That is what I said.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2024, 10:20:35 pm »
That is exactly my point. That is what I said.
You said the locals see white people as arrogant. I think the locals have, for many years, seen white people as Daddy Warbucks. We - the U.S. government and well-meaning Christian groups - have sent zillions of dollars to Haiti.

Some Haitians are grateful. I know of a particular school there that could not function and the children would not be property nourished without the help our church has provided. The problem has always been the corrupt government. Now there's no government at all, and criminal gangs are running rampant. It doesn't look good.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2024, 10:22:43 pm »
Today's Haiti isn't the same as your parents' Haiti.

When you have current news reports of a Rebel Leader running free whose moniker is "Barbecue" who practices cannibalism. you are inviting the horror which was bestowed on this naive couple.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online LMAO

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2024, 10:49:26 pm »
*****rollingeyes***** Missionaries are not stupid. They know what they are doing is risky. Their choice is carefully considered and usually they go through preparation of significant duration. They understand the risks they are assuming, but do what they do for a higher purpose.

*****rollingeyes***** The parents of the young man have operated Missions in Haiti, Inc. for his entire life, plus or minus a year or two. His parents and he himself understand conditions in Haiti very well, and he may even have grown up there, in part or entirely.

*****rollingeyes***** The young lady's father, Missouri State Representative Ben Baker, is a graduate of Ozark Bible Institute and was Dean of Students there, so he and his family also would at least understand the risks in missions work (if not conditions in Haiti specifically).

Don't call stupid people you seem not to understand.

:thumbsup:
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2024, 11:00:39 pm »
Nonsense. Christian missionaries have been welcomed in Haiti for decades. One of my friends served there for many years, and the only issue she had to contend with was the occasional tropical storm.

The Haitian people do not express hated of missionaries, least of all about their "whiteness." These are just criminal gangs who want to kill and rob everyone. No one in Haiti is safe from these thugs, whether black or white.

At least one university in Haiti was created by missionaries, and probably several were. Establishing a university entails, among many things, numerous relationships with people in communities spanning years. The university to which I referred teaches doctors along with other majors, so their grads quickly become necessary wherever they go. Haitians aren't violent savages. The vast majority who are not just don't get on the 6 O'Clock news.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2024, 12:46:05 pm »
Who Was Pastor Jude Montis, The Third Martyr Killed By Gangs in Haiti?
Staff Writer
Protestia
May 27, 2024
Amid the tragic news that young missionary couple Davy Lloyd, 23, and Natalie Lloyd, 21, were killed in Haiti while doing missionary work, another man was killed who isn’t mentioned as much: Pastor Jude Montis.

Jude Montis was the 45-year-old Haitian native who served alongside Lloyds as the Director of Missions in Haiti, the group’s ministry organization. Along with the House of Compassion, the orphanage operated by Missions that housed 36 children, the organization also operated a school, bakery, and church, serving more than 240 people.

Montis, along with the Lloyds, was ambushed by several gang members. Davy Lloyd, who grew up and spent his whole life in Haiti, was captured, tied up, and beaten by gang members while others stole the church’s truck and other supplies. At that point, another armed group arrived, and a gun battle ensued, where the Lloyds and Montis were killed. A video of the scene later showed two of the victims were severely burned and appeared to have been set on fire. ...