Author Topic: Opinion | Biden to Morehouse Graduates: America Hates You  (Read 182 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Opinion | Biden to Morehouse Graduates: America Hates You
« on: May 21, 2024, 10:32:47 am »
Opinion | Biden to Morehouse Graduates: America Hates You
Opinion by The Editorial Board • 12h

The polls say President Biden has lost support among black Americans, and the White House appears to have settled on a strategy to win them back: spread more racial division. That’s the main message from the President’s dishonorable commencement address Sunday at storied Morehouse College in Atlanta.

Mr. Biden naturally offered the 2024 graduates a list of what he sees as his accomplishments for black Americans. He indulged in his familiar gilded personal history as a civil-rights crusader. He gave the impression that the Delaware Democratic Party was a racist operation until Sen. Joe Biden came along. At least that’s the somewhat forgivable politics of self-aggrandizement.

Less forgivable was the President’s attempt to stir resentment among the graduates on what should be a day to appreciate what they accomplished and to inspire hope for the future. Here’s what Mr. Biden said instead:
“You started college just as George Floyd was murdered and there was a reckoning on race. It’s natural to wonder if democracy you hear about actually works for you.

“What is democracy if black men are being killed in the street?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/opinion-biden-to-morehouse-graduates-america-hates-you/ar-BB1mJNEU?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=6c38353817014e948b1751cd981f6c6f&ei=81
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Opinion | Biden to Morehouse Graduates: America Hates You
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2024, 10:34:35 am »
You have to hand it to old Joe.  By stoking the coals of hatred and racism, he's slowly uniting all Americans. :3:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2024, 11:27:24 am »
If one applies themselves in life, your chances of succeeding are greater than if you drop out of school and gangbang regardless of your race

But the Democrat Party needs black and brown people to fail for the party to succeed
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2024, 12:45:14 pm »
Biden has been president for three years

So is he admitting to these graduates that their lives suck under him?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy