Author Topic: Report: Donald Trump Eyes DOJ, FBI Purge upon Reelection  (Read 447 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: Donald Trump Eyes DOJ, FBI Purge upon Reelection
« on: May 20, 2024, 04:55:50 pm »
Report: Donald Trump Eyes DOJ, FBI Purge upon Reelection

Wendell Husebø 20 May 2024

Former President Donald Trump will purge the administrative state by firing career bureaucrats from the DOJ and the FBI if he wins reelection, nine people involved in the effort told Reuters.

Trump repeatedly vowed to drain the administrative state or “deep state,” as he termed it, upon returning to office.

The term “administrative state” specifically describes the phenomenon of unaccountable and unelected administrative agencies, including the national security apparatus, exercising power to create and enforce their own rules. The administrative state uses its rule-making ability or raw power to essentially usurp the separation of powers between the three branches of government by creating a so-called fourth branch of government not formed by the Constitution.

Trump’s reported focus on overhauling the DOJ is predicated on his belief that career bureaucrats inside the administrative state improperly target conservatives, conservative groups, or conservative ideals with the help of the national security state or intelligence apparatus. Trump’s contention is buoyed by significant reporting on various controversies, such as the coronavirus, the Russia hoax, and the “laptop from hell.”

The next Trump administration would place new constraints on the DOJ’s authority by decentralizing its power to other law enforcement agencies, the sources told Reuters. The initiative is not a new idea among citizens concerned about the erosion of civil liberty.
Eliminating the FBI’s general counsel, an office that worked against Trump’s presidency and the investigation into the 2016 Russia hoax, would be first, two prominent Trump allies said.

The Biden campaign condemned the idea as Trump exacting revenge on political opponents who allegedly work for a non-partisan agency funded by taxpayers. Most conservatives agree that a president should have the power to fire and hire federal bureaucrats for cause.

Before Trump left office in 2021, he signed an executive order (EO) to reclassify federal government employees into Schedule F, which would have allowed the president to enhance accountability and job performance within the bureaucratic agencies. “You have some people that are protected that shouldn’t be protected,” Trump said in May.

Biden canceled the order when he assumed office in 2021, but if Trump reclaims the White House, he will reportedly reimplement the executive order and purge the unelected technocrats artificially running the federal government. “It would effectively upend the modern civil service, triggering a shock wave across the bureaucracy,” Axios previously concluded about the EO’s impact.

“The mere mention of Schedule F ensures that the bureaucracy moves in your direction,” Russell Vought, Trump’s former director of the Office of Management and Budget, previously told Time.

“The President never had a policy process that was designed to give him what he actually wanted and campaigned on,” he added. “[We are] sorting through the legal authorities, the mechanics, and providing the momentum for a future Administration.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/2024-election/2024/05/20/report-donald-trump-eyes-doj-fbi-purge-upon-reelection/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Report: Donald Trump Eyes DOJ, FBI Purge upon Reelection
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2024, 05:09:21 pm »
IMHO there is NOTHING more important to reclaiming our freedom than the destruction of the administrative state. It's job one!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2024, 05:39:00 pm »
lol

And I have lakefront property to sell you in the Sahara desert
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2024, 06:09:47 pm »
Yeah right just like those deportations that he is going to do.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2024, 06:13:34 pm »
I'm voting for Ken Paxton as Attorney General of the United States with my vote for Trump.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2024, 10:00:50 pm »
"Donald Trump Eyes DOJ, FBI Purge upon Reelection"

Why stop with only them?
There are plenty more letters in "the alphabet agencies" than just those two!

I have "the way", Mr. Trump.
All you have to do is call.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2024, 10:21:27 pm »
lol

And I have lakefront property to sell you in the Sahara desert
Well, first he has to win re-election .... if he does, I am confident that he will seek retribution.  How far he'll be able to carry any of those desires out is questionable.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2024, 11:11:21 pm »
Does he even have people on staff who know what it takes to clear the decks in the government?  It's not like The Apprentice, where he can just shout "you're fired!" and get rid of staff.  There is a process with firing these folks that takes a long time - the true rot is in the staff protected by the civil service (i.e., union) rules; the political appointees can be removed much more easily.  Then again, last time around, he wasn't even very effective in removing them.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2024, 11:15:41 pm »
Does he even have people on staff who know what it takes to clear the decks in the government?  It's not like The Apprentice, where he can just shout "you're fired!" and get rid of staff.  There is a process with firing these folks that takes a long time - the true rot is in the staff protected by the civil service (i.e., union) rules; the political appointees can be removed much more easily.  Then again, last time around, he wasn't even very effective in removing them.

I completely agree with the bolded part.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2024, 12:04:35 am »

Red meat for the base
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2024, 03:17:02 am »
Kamaji wrote:
"There is a process with firing these folks that takes a long time - the true rot is in the staff protected by the civil service (i.e., union) rules; the political appointees can be removed much more easily."

Folks, there's a completely different way to handle the unionized and civil service appointees.

A way I'm absolutely sure that NONE of you would have ever thought of.

It's possible to render EVERY federal agency toothless in the matter of a week. To render them ineffective, without having to fire anybody (other than those who "serve at the pleasure of the president".

Y'all -- every one of you -- can only see the "obvious in front of you".
(That includes almost every [so-called] conservative writer and pundit.)

You've got to approach this from a completely different perspective, almost as if it were "through the looking glass".

You'll call "my plan" preposterous, but it's very simple (I'm a simple kind of guy).

Closing questions:
Which of the following is more destructive to America today:
- the fact that we have so many agencies and government employees,
or...
- the jobs that they do each day at work?

If you can sort that out, the answer will be plain as day in front of you.