Author Topic: Oxford Breakthrough Could Allow Cancer to be Detected 7 Years Earlier Than Current Methods  (Read 292 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Oxford Breakthrough Could Allow Cancer to be Detected 7 Years Earlier Than Current Methods

Oxford University scientists have discovered proteins in the blood that could warn people of cancer more than seven years earlier than currently possible.

In two studies, they identified 618 proteins linked to 19 different types of cancer, including 107 proteins in a group of people whose blood was collected at least seven years before diagnosis.

The research team discovered that the proteins could be involved at the very earliest stages of cancer, when the disease could be prevented.

The team believes the breakthrough could not only help treat the disease at an earlier stage, but even prevent it altogether.

They used a powerful technique called proteomics which allows them to analyze a large set of proteins in tissue samples at a single point in time, to see how they interact with each other—and find any important differences in proteins between different tissue samples.

In the first study, scientists analyzed blood samples taken from more than 44,000 British people, including more than 4,900 people who were subsequently diagnosed with cancer.

Using proteomics, the researchers analyzed a set of 1,463 proteins from a single sample of blood from each person. They compared the proteins of people who did and did not go on to be diagnosed with cancer to look for differences between them and find out which ones were linked to the disease risk.................

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/oxford-breakthrough-could-allow-cancer-to-be-detected-7-years-earlier-than-current-ways/?utm_campaign=newsletters&utm_medium=weekly_mailout&utm_source=22-05-2024
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Polly Ticks

The article didn't mention specific types of cancer, but this could be a game-changer for things like ovarian cancer that generally aren't found until they are very far advanced. 
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online mountaineer

Very promising!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org