Author Topic: Four ways US Army’s Pacific chief plans to boost regional land forces  (Read 126 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Four ways US Army’s Pacific chief plans to boost regional land forces
By Jen Judson
 Thursday, May 16, 2024

HONOLULU — America and its Pacific partners are building a network of land forces to deter those who would threaten regional stability, but there are four building blocks to make this joint effort a success, according to the head of U.S. Army forces in the area.

Gen. Charles Flynn’s comments at a gathering of regional military leaders in Hawaii comes as China clashes with nearby nations over territorial disputes, and as North Korea continues to build its nuclear arsenal.

The U.S. Army and its allies and partners in the theater are finding more ways to come together and build relationships, Flynn said, some of which have endured since the end of World War II.

https://www.defensenews.com/land/2024/05/16/four-ways-us-armys-pacific-chief-plans-to-boost-regional-land-forces/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
With poor recruiting and retention numbers, where will these bodies materialize? :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson