Author Topic: No driving on the weekends?  (Read 2447 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
No driving on the weekends?
« on: May 19, 2024, 01:44:25 pm »
May 19, 2024
No driving on the weekends?
By Eric Utter

Germany’s transport minister (and progressive politician), Volker Wissing, last month vowed to ban driving on weekends to meet Germany's climate-related goals. It's either do that or else he wants the ruling coalition to pass more restrictions within the Climate Protection Act come July.

According to the German newspaper BILD, as cited by Politico, Wissing penned a letter to the coalition’s parliamentary group leaders, in which he bemoaned the fact that the reforms haven’t yet been approved.

Wissing, whose initials are ironically those of Germany’s most famous auto maker told BILD, according to the Politico report that: “This serves neither the climate nor the reputation of the federal government.”

He added that reducing traffic to achieve climate goals would mandate measures such as “comprehensive and indefinite driving bans on Saturdays and Sundays.”

A government telling its citizens that they can’t drive on weekends would seem like a hard sell at best, but then again we obeyed similar — and even more intrusive — measures during the COVID pandemic lockdowns.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2024/05/no_driving_on_the_weekends.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: No driving on the weekends?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2024, 03:10:00 pm »
Going to church will be illegal? Attending a sports event will be illegal?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline banddag

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2024, 03:27:02 pm »
More fear mongering from American Thinker to get the rubes all fired up .  "Theyz want to take away yuuur caaaaar"

Will never happen.  Volker is the equivalent of Pete Buttigeg. He has no power to approve it  Even the German greenies said it is stupid idea:

"It is not responsible for a minister to stir up unfounded fears," Green Party parliamentary group leader Katharina Droege said on Friday, calling on the minister to make sensible suggestions for more climate protection in the sector.
Social Democrats (SPD) deputy parliamentary group leader Detlef Mueller said such manoeuvres would not advance the negotiations in parliament on the new climate protection law.
"Scaremongering through absurd proposals does not help climate protection in the transport sector at all, on the contrary," Mueller said.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2024, 03:53:13 pm by banddag »

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2024, 08:41:12 pm »
More fear mongering from American Thinker to get the rubes all fired up .  "Theyz want to take away yuuur caaaaar"

Will never happen.  Volker is the equivalent of Pete Buttigeg. He has no power to approve it  Even the German greenies said it is stupid idea:

"It is not responsible for a minister to stir up unfounded fears," Green Party parliamentary group leader Katharina Droege said on Friday, calling on the minister to make sensible suggestions for more climate protection in the sector.
Social Democrats (SPD) deputy parliamentary group leader Detlef Mueller said such manoeuvres would not advance the negotiations in parliament on the new climate protection law.
"Scaremongering through absurd proposals does not help climate protection in the transport sector at all, on the contrary," Mueller said.

Still asleep I see.  Guess you missed the plethora of articles, where Biden and Newsome's plan to eliminate buying gas power cars, and/or being able to buy gas in the 2030's.

And don't give me that buy an EV bullshit. That doesn't fly.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2024, 08:47:24 pm »
Shabbat theory... Imagine Shabbat observance - 1/7th of weekly unnecessary energy use curtailed for the day of worship.

I did this for a long while, and my personal cost of living went way down. A noticeable savings.

Jussayin.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2024, 08:54:59 pm »
Still asleep I see.  Guess you missed the plethora of articles, where Biden and Newsome's plan to eliminate buying gas power cars, and/or being able to buy gas in the 2030's.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2024, 08:55:45 pm by libertybele »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2024, 09:03:00 pm »
I remember when I 10 or so...that after Mass we came home and didn't leave the house in observance of Sunday....plus the factor that there were NO stores open to go to.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2024, 09:06:31 pm »
I remember when I 10 or so...that after Mass we came home and didn't leave the house in observance of Sunday....plus the factor that there were NO stores open to go to.

I also remember that when I was younger that no stores were open on Sundays, but typically we'd go over to my grandparents house for dinner once or twice a month on Sundays.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2024, 09:09:33 pm »
I also remember that when I was younger that no stores were open on Sundays, but typically we'd go over to my grandparents house for dinner once or twice a month on Sundays.

George's Market was open on Sundays... So if we had a real need, we were not without... But closed on Saturdays - They were Jewish. Worked out nice.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2024, 09:10:36 pm »

Yes..my grandmother had us all for dinner once a month on Sundays...used to make me my fav pie..choc cream.. :crying:
Support the USO

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2024, 09:16:01 pm »
Yes..my grandmother had us all for dinner once a month on Sundays...used to make me my fav pie..choc cream.. :crying:
Those were the days .... my grandmother made us lemon meringue.... once in awhile chocolate cream - both were awesome as grandma's pies were fantastic; as only grandmas can make them that way.  happy77

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2024, 09:18:03 pm »
I do believe that an oil similar to cocaine exudes from the tips of a grandma's fingers.  :whistle:

Online LMAO

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2024, 09:27:38 pm »
In Minnesota, bars and the selling of alcohol used to be against the law on Sundays

Heretics
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2024, 09:58:33 pm »
I do believe that an oil similar to cocaine exudes from the tips of a grandma's fingers.  :whistle:

:beer:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2024, 11:28:07 pm »
Going to church will be illegal? Attending a sports event will be illegal?
Germany also seems to want to get rid of the tourists who rent cars, drive around and spend gobs of money.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline banddag

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2024, 12:44:59 am »

Stop your nonsense. I have been reading this fear  crap for decades.  Clinton was going to make the country communist, destroy our economy.  blah blah blah, blah blah, blah blah

EV's will gradually take over as they improve and get the kinks worked out. Gas and diesel  will be available for decades to come.

You do know Newsomes mandate is not a law but an executive order? It will be thrown out as soon as he is no longer Governor if not before, most likely by business groups

The Ev mandates will be overturned just as the ban of gas stoves was overturned in CA. Bidens mandate, which is also only an executive order and not a law will be thrown out as soon as he is out of office Jan 2025.

https://www.foodandwine.com/federal-court-overturns-berkeley-ca-gas-stove-ban-7482137

The country is moving towards the center away from the far left wackjobs and the far right wackjobs.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2024, 01:02:44 am by banddag »

Offline banddag

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2024, 04:24:12 pm »
Well, well well. Told ya. You should know  by now  big business control the economic agenda kn this country. The politicians are just along  to officially ok it.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/18/politics/emissions-rules-ev-growth-biden-administration/index.html

Biden administration considers slowing key emissions rules – a potential blow to EV growth

@catfish57
« Last Edit: May 20, 2024, 04:26:51 pm by banddag »

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2024, 04:27:38 pm »
Well, well well

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/18/politics/emissions-rules-ev-growth-biden-administration/index.html

@catfish57

So you've demonstrated  Pedo Joe can read political tea leaves.  WTF does that prove? (i.e. border policy too) He can just as easily reverse course (like this) come January 21, 2025.  I thought you were more intelligent than that.

Trollz gotta be trollz. 
« Last Edit: May 20, 2024, 04:29:45 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2024, 04:32:30 pm »

Seems to me it's just reporting the facts in this case. Surely some want to take away people's cars. How widespread that belief is I don't know. But it's out there.

Offline banddag

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2024, 04:46:24 pm »
Seems to me it's just reporting the facts in this case. Surely some want to take away people's cars. How widespread that belief is I don't know. But it's out there.

NO American Thinker did not report all the facts. They want to sell fear and doom. Good news does not sell.

If AT was a honest rag they would have mentioned The German greenies are against this proposal as well as the politicians because it was just well...stupid and has zero chance of ever passing...but they did not. They are misinformation spreaders.

No one is going to take away your gas car. Even bidens mandate if it stays , which it won't,  does not say all new cars in 2035 have to be electric..

« Last Edit: May 20, 2024, 04:48:18 pm by banddag »

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2024, 04:59:05 pm »
Has anyone else noticed that beanbdoggery only cites right wing punditry for misinformation?

Just more proof that the du Mother Ship accidentally dropped off one of their worst.

Offline banddag

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2024, 05:03:55 pm »
Has anyone else noticed that beanbdoggery only cites right wing punditry for misinformation?

Oh trust me, if a left wing rag was published here and spouted misinformation as they  also do I would let you know.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2024, 05:05:33 pm »

One of them, declared, sits in the White House.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2024, 05:16:08 pm »
Oh trust me, if a left wing rag was published here and spouted misinformation as they  also do I would let you know.

Don't cohen us beandog.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2024, 07:02:17 pm »
NO American Thinker did not report all the facts. They want to sell fear and doom. Good news does not sell.

If AT was a honest rag they would have mentioned The German greenies are against this proposal as well as the politicians because it was just well...stupid and has zero chance of ever passing...but they did not. They are misinformation spreaders.

No one is going to take away your gas car. Even bidens mandate if it stays , which it won't,  does not say all new cars in 2035 have to be electric..

Do you agree that there are at least some on "that side" that want to take away people's cars?