Author Topic: SOME PERILS OF CULTURE CHANGE AND HOW TO AVOID THEM  (Read 128 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
SOME PERILS OF CULTURE CHANGE AND HOW TO AVOID THEM
« on: May 18, 2024, 03:46:45 pm »
SOME PERILS OF CULTURE CHANGE AND HOW TO AVOID THEM
 TOM GALVIN  APRIL 11, 2024 9 MIN READ

Culture change is hard, possibly the hardest form of change that any large complex organization like a military can undertake.

In 2024, culture change has become a theme among all the services. Army leaders are prioritizing strengthening the profession and instituting a “warfighting culture.” Same with the Air Force, Space Force, and Navy.  But culture change is hard, possibly the hardest form of change that any large complex organization like a military can undertake. And as retired army officer and organizational psychologist Lenny Wong hilariously showed in a classic opinion piece, “Changing the Army’s Culture of Cultural Change,” it is much harder than mandating the capitalization of “Soldiers” or appending “of Excellence” to an organizational name.

Even when the culture change is meaningful and brings the organization closer to its espoused values, it is still hard. Consider some common themes addressed by senior leaders pushing for a “warfighting culture”:  physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual resilience;  capability and capacity to perform assigned missions through realistic training, professional education, etc.; placing the mission before self; and fighting legally, ethically, and honorably in accordance with the laws of land warfare. Why must such obvious things require the most senior leaders to personally reinforce them? Shouldn’t everyone “get it” already? Or at least most everyone?

https://warroom.armywarcollege.edu/articles/culture-change/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Re: SOME PERILS OF CULTURE CHANGE AND HOW TO AVOID THEM
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2024, 03:53:23 pm »
I think DEI in the military might be our undoing. 

Can you imagine how we'd fare in 1941 with this mindset?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.