Author Topic: Staggering 84 percent of measles cases in major Chicago outbreak linked to Venezuelan migrants, CDC  (Read 226 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Saturday, May 18th 2024 10AM 66°F 1PM 63°F 5-Day Forecast

Staggering 84 percent of measles cases in major Chicago outbreak linked to Venezuelan migrants, CDC report shows
The remaining 16 percent of cases are linked to travel from Peru and Chile
READ MORE: Measles jab more likely to be ineffective in Caesarean children
By HEALTH REPORTER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 13:42 EDT, 16 May 2024 | UPDATED: 15:29 EDT, 16 May 2024

Some 84 percent of deadly measles cases in a recent major outbreak at a migrant center in Chicago are linked to Venezuelan immigrants, a new CDC report shows.

New information reveals that the spate of 57 cases at the Pilsen migrant shelter can be traced back to a one year-old boy who had only received one of the two vital vaccines.

The majority of the cases — 72 percent — were among unvaccinated people, the CDC said.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-13426663/chicago-measles-outbreak-venezuela-immigrants-cdc-report.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Measles today....   Ebola tomorrow.   Thanks Pedo Joe.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Measles today....   Ebola tomorrow.   Thanks Pedo Joe.

Don't forget Polio. In 1955, the U.S. began widespread vaccinations with a REAL Vaccine.  Then by 1979, it was otally eradicated in the US.  That is until recently when illegals coming to the US infected a generation of unvaxed US kids.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well, after COVID, it's harder to import a panic causing epidemic.  :shrug: :whistle:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis