General Category > Weather

Hazardous heat engulfs South Florida as Miami issues first May Heat Advisory in 15 years

(1/21) > >>

240B:
FOX Weather
By Emilee Speck, Steven Yablonski, Chris Oberholtz
May 17, 2024

MIAMI – An early-season heat wave is baking South Florida with a dangerous combination of heat and humidity through the end of the week.

The FOX Forecast Center said a front is stalled across the central part of the state, with summer-like heat continuing to build to its south. High temperatures are expected to soar into the 90s, and record-high temperatures will continue to be in jeopardy through Sunday.

(more)
https://www.foxweather.com/weather-news/dangerous-heat-envelops-florida

Wingnut:
It's Flori duh!   All these northern cracker transplants moving to central and south FL must not have gotten the memo before they loaded up the truck and moved to Disney.

Morons.

banddag:

--- Quote from: Wingnut on May 17, 2024, 03:06:07 pm ---It's Flori duh!   All these northern cracker transplants moving to central and south FL must not have gotten the memo before they loaded up the truck and moved to Disney.

Morons.

--- End quote ---

Record temps in Florida for this time of year already. 

I live in a northern state. I cut grass on March 15 th this year. My family has owned  an office building since 1979. Back in the 80's it was common to have the parking lot snow plowed 35-40 times over the course of a winter.-ogften twice a day due to heavy snows This past winter 2 times, year before that once, and last decade or so about 5-6 times per year on average.

We are warming up.

DCPatriot:
IOW, Florida won't be the only State growing oranges and Canada will eventually become the breadbasket of North America.

What's the 'problem'?  /s

catfish1957:

--- Quote from: banddag on May 17, 2024, 03:22:04 pm ---Record temps in Florida for this time of year already. 

I live in a northern state. I cut grass on March 15 th this year. My family has owned  an office building since 1979. Back in the 80's it was common to have the parking lot snow plowed 35-40 times over the course of a winter.-ogften twice a day due to heavy snows This past winter 2 times, year before that once, and last decade or so about 5-6 times per year on average.

We are warming up.

--- End quote ---

Trollz  gotz to be trollz.

So even with your silly <50 year meteorlogical sample size you are spewing this scam?  Take a few statistics classes before running your mouth off.

We had 3 citrus killing events in the past 3 yrs. here.  After not having a <18 degree day for 15 years.  I could make the same damn ridiculous  claim that the climate is cooling.

And even on a larger macro scale, we could have a spirited discussion, on why Greenland was inhabitable a 1000 years ago, and not now. 

Stuff the climate scam bull shit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version