Author Topic: Family found out through social media that son, 14, was fatally shot while covering up gang signs in  (Read 577 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Family found out through social media that son, 14, was fatally shot while covering up gang signs in Calif. park

By Social Links forIsabel Keane
Published May 16, 2024, 7:45 a.m. ET
A 14-year-old boy was shot dead while painting over gang graffiti in a California park — with his horrified family learning about it through social media.

Benny Gutierrez was with several friends painting over the graffiti in El Dorado Park on Monday night when several shots were fired from a car in the parking lot, officials told KTLA.

The 14-year-old was hit once and pronounced dead at the scene — with his family only finding out six hours later through social media, they told the local outlet.

Benny Gutierrez, 14, was shot and killed while cleaning up gang graffiti at a nearby park.
KTLA5
“My heart dropped because that’s my baby,” Benny’s older sister, Crysta Gutierrez, told KTLA. “I just couldn’t believe it because this pain is so unbearable.”

https://nypost.com/2024/05/16/us-news/california-teen-covering-gang-signs-at-park-shot-and-killed/
« Last Edit: May 16, 2024, 05:02:57 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline berdie

I've become such a cynic, it makes me wonder if he was a member of a rival gang.

If it becomes evident that isn't the case then I apologize. In either case, very sad situation.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I've become such a cynic, it makes me wonder if he was a member of a rival gang.

If it becomes evident that isn't the case then I apologize. In either case, very sad situation.
El Dorado isn't far from me, I used to practice archery there fifty years ago. I used to take my kids and grandkids there, it is in Long Beach, CA...LA County, and home to numerous gangs and a lot of it is a no go for me as the gang territory keeps expanding.

It is quite possible that this kid was just part of a youth or church group trying to do something good, but gangs get very upset when you cover up their signs, along with the fact they have no respect for human life.