Author Topic: Recent Court Case Could Force Biden To Release Audio From Hur Interview  (Read 129 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Trending Politics
By Mark Steffen
May 16, 2024

Republicans have already located an opening to challenge President Joe Biden’s decision on Thursday to invoke executive privilege in denying Congress access to a recorded interview where he and special counsel Robert Hur discussed how classified documents ended up in the garage of his Delaware home.

Investigative reporter Julie Kelly broke down how a recent case in the D.C. appellate court may warrant charges of hypocrisy by the Democratic incumbent. During a legal battle with attorneys for former President Donald Trump about the return of classified documents at Mar-a-Lago, the Biden administration concluded that Trump’s claim of executive privilege over the documents was “not in the best interest of the United States” given the “unique and extraordinary circumstances” around the January 6th, 2021 riots at the Capitol and any relevant communications Trump or his staff may have had. The court sided with Biden, ruling that Trump was not entitled to a preliminary injunction that allowed him to avoid turning J6 documents back over to the U.S. National Archives.

(more)
https://trendingpoliticsnews.com/just-in-recent-court-case-could-help-gop-force-biden-to-release-audio-from-hur-interview-mstef/
« Last Edit: May 16, 2024, 03:47:18 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Biden would be able to litigate that issue through the courts, and there's no way it would be resolved before the election.   Him asserting executive privilege essentially kills any chance those tapes will come out before the election, or that anyone can be prosecuted for not producing them.