Author Topic: Using Nets On The Seafloor To Retrieve Seafood ‘Roughly The Same As Running 100 Coal-Fired Plants’  (Read 497 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Using Nets On The Seafloor To Retrieve Seafood ‘Roughly The Same As Running 100 Coal-Fired Plants’
By Kenneth Richard on 13. May 2024

Disturbing resting seafloor CO2 is yet another way humans are believed to be heating up the planet.
Only 1% of the seafloor has been molested by dragging nets through the sand (trawling) in an effort to retrieve the seafood staples we enjoy. But that’s enough to wreak havoc on the Earth’s climate at the top of the atmosphere, 100 km above the ocean surface, where CO2-induced global boiling is activated.

According to a new study and its press release, trawling the ocean floor for shrimp and cod disturbs the “planet-warming carbon dioxide” that had until then been peacefully reposed in sentiment. Dragging nets along the ocean floor “unlocks more carbon from the seafloor than all the world’s airplanes emit each year,” some 370 million metric tons worth.

And, of course, this acidifies the ocean too. When in its undisturbed state, the massive quantities of seafloor CO2 hadn’t been causing ocean acidification. But then as soon as the nets were dragged along the seafloor by humans, the disturbed CO2’s acidification potential was unleashed.

https://notrickszone.com/2024/05/13/using-nets-on-the-seafloor-to-retrieve-seafood-roughly-the-same-as-running-100-coal-fired-plants/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Can't hunt (no guns allowed).
Can't farm (no fertilizer permitted).
Can't raise cattle (too much methane).
and now...
Can't even fish.

What are they tryin' to tell us...?

Offline berdie

Can't hunt (no guns allowed).
Can't farm (no fertilizer permitted).
Can't raise cattle (too much methane).
and now...
Can't even fish.

What are they tryin' to tell us...?

Hmmm...I'm beginning to get suspicious.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Kamaji

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
As if nothing ever burrows in the sea floor...?

What passes for science nowadays is the crafting of 'investigations' designed to 'prove' a given outcome, not to find and follow broad based evidence that will produce an answer to valid questions about how things work. **nononono*
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis