Author Topic: ‘Hydrogen town’ plan cancelled after protests over forced switch from natural gas  (Read 122 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Hydrogen town’ plan cancelled after protests over forced switch from natural gas
MAY 12, 2024

By Paul Homewood

The Net Zero disaster lurches from one crisis to another:

The Energy Secretary has scrapped plans for a pilot “hydrogen town” after a wave of protests against earlier trials.

Claire Coutinho has shelved proposals to force thousands of homes and businesses to replace their natural gas supplies with hydrogen by 2030 to test the fuel’s viability.

Aberdeen, Scunthorpe, and two Welsh towns were among those being considered for wholesale conversion to hydrogen for heating.

It was meant to be a trial run to test the use of low-carbon hydrogen as a replacement for natural gas, which was being considered as part of the UK’s drive to reach net zero by 2050.

However, ministers have been forced into a rethink following a wave of protests in two smaller communities – Redcar in Yorkshire and Whitby, near Ellesmere Port – that had been earmarked as testbed “hydrogen villages”. Both proposed trials were ultimately abandoned.

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2024/05/12/hydrogen-town-plan-cancelled-after-protests-over-forced-switch-from-natural-gas/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson