Author Topic: Drax To Build Wood Power Cargo Ship  (Read 192 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Drax To Build Wood Power Cargo Ship
« on: May 16, 2024, 10:38:28 am »
Drax To Build Wood Power Cargo Ship
MAY 15, 2024

By Paul Homewood

British power company Drax has drawn up plans for the world’s first wood-powered cargo ship, claiming that the controversial power source can help to cut greenhouse gas emissions from sea freight.

Drax, which operates a tree-burning power station in the UK, has signed a deal with three Japanese shipping companies to develop a “bioship” fuelled by wood chips instead of marine diesel. It hopes to see the first wood-fuelled cargo ship set sail by 2029.

The vessel would itself be used to ferry woodchips harvested by Drax from North American forests to new markets in Japan.

Drax and its Japanese partners said such ships would open the way to zero-emission shipping for many other cargoes.

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2024/05/15/drax-to-build-wood-power-cargo-ship/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Drax To Build Wood Power Cargo Ship
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2024, 10:39:11 am »
Are they naming it Titanic? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Drax To Build Wood Power Cargo Ship
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2024, 04:15:32 pm »
Only retarded Gaia worshipers would believe that killing trees that remove CO2(plant food) from the air and burning them to power a ship 9999hair out0000

Basic science...real science not that green wanker bullshit tells us that burning wood for fuel is much worse than using fossil fuels.

Secondly, for the same amount of heat or energy, burning wood releases more carbon dioxide than oil or gas. This means more carbon in the air immediately after burning wood for electricity compared with fossil fuels, and more carbon in the air after an evening in front of the wood fire than using the central heating.Feb 25, 2022