General Category > Economy/Business

Red Lobster restaurants closing: List of doomed locations for the struggling seafood chain ⛓️‍💥

(1/4) > >>

Gefn:
On Monday, Red Lobster abruptly closed dozens of its locations, according to multiple reports. The closures come as the popular seafood chain has struggled in recent years with increasing financial challenges—one of which was the popularity of its Endless Shrimp promotion, which led to an $11 million quarterly loss in late 2023.

Due to these financial hardships, there have been ongoing rumors that Red Lobster is considering filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. And now CNN reports that Red Lobster is abruptly closing at least 48 of its nearly 650 restaurants.

TAGeX Brands, an auction company that specializes in restaurant and food auctions, has been brought in to sell off equipment from some of the closing locations.

https://www.fastcompany.com/91124703/red-lobster-restaurants-closing-list-of-doomed-locations-2024

🦞  🦞

Gefn:
complete list at the end of the article.

I haven't been to a 🦞  in years, but I think it was good.

mountaineer:
I think I've been there once in 30+ years, but they're just going the way of many restaurants in the Biden economy.

libertybele:

--- Quote from: mountaineer on May 14, 2024, 08:32:27 pm ---I think I've been there once in 30+ years, but they're just going the way of many restaurants in the Biden economy.

--- End quote ---

I stopped eating seafood awhile ago because of all the contaminants, but I hate to see a restaurant chain go out of business. You are right -- Bidenomics strikes again.

LMAO:
Looks like the one in Duluth, Minnesota will stay open

From what I’ve seen, they seem to be always full or semi full

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version