Author Topic: REPORT: Border Charities Using Taxpayer Money For Big Salaries, Music Therapy, People-Plant Programs  (Read 78 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
REPORT: Border Charities Using Taxpayer Money For Big Salaries, Music Therapy, People-Plant Programs

MARIANE ANGELA CONTRIBUTOR
May 13, 2024 9:57 PM ET

Border crisis charities are reportedly using large government grants for music therapy, people-plant interactions and high salaries for staff, according to a Monday report published by Free Press.

The NGOs running shelters in Texas, Arizona, and California, funded by the Unaccompanied Children Program, are accused of profiting from these contracts, Free Press reported. The combined revenue of the top three NGOs—Global Refuge, Southwest Key Programs, and Endeavors, Inc.—skyrocketed from $597 million in 2019 to $2 billion by 2022, based on federal disclosure documents.

The Free Press revealed that Endeavors has been reportedly using taxpayer funds for diverse therapeutic activities aimed at migrant children, including pet therapy, horticulture therapy, and music therapy. In 2021, the organization is said to have compensated music therapist Christy Merrell with $533,000. An internal presentation from Endeavors, which was made public by America First Legal, showed that from April 2021 to March 2023, there were 1,656 interactions involving plants and 287 pet therapy sessions.

https://dailycaller.com/2024/05/13/b...lant-programs/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson