Author Topic: Wyoming’s Senseless, Costly Carbon Capture Scheme Would Avert Warming ‘0.0022°F by 2100’  (Read 99 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Wyoming’s Senseless, Costly Carbon Capture Scheme Would Avert Warming ‘0.0022°F by 2100’
by Frits Byron Soepyan  2 hours ago in Green Energy, News and Opinion Reading Time: 4 mins read

Wyoming Gov. Mark Gordon (R) has signed a piece of legislation that directs public utilities providing electricity to more than 10,000 customers to “generate a specified percentage of electricity that is dispatchable and reliable low‑carbon electricity.” [emphasis, links added]

This rule applies to existing coal‑fired plants and equivalent new plants. “Low-carbon” is defined as electricity that is produced with technology that captures at least 18,750 metric tons of CO2 per year.

How much would this cost? And is it worth it?
Well, as they say, we ran the numbers. Thankfully, researchers from the National Energy Technology Laboratory (NETL) have provided the cost and performance estimates for retrofitting an existing coal-fired plant with Shell’s CANSOLV CO2 capture system.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/wyoming-costly-carbon-capture-avert-no-warming/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson