Author Topic: US special forces want longer reach for rockets, snipers, robots  (Read 86 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US special forces want longer reach for rockets, snipers, robots
By Todd South
 Thursday, May 9, 2024

TAMPA, Fla. — Special operators are pushing for more firepower in their small teams, asking industry for a lighter shoulder-fired rocket, a long-range sniper rifle, and both land- and air-based weaponized drones.

Lt. Col. Tosh Lancaster told the audience at the Special Operations Force Week conference that U.S. Special Operations Command plans to publish a request for information covering a “Javelin light” by late fiscal 2024 or early fiscal 2025.

The program for a tactical precision missile would give small teams of special operators the capabilities of the current shoulder-fired, anti-tank Javelin rocket but in a smaller package.

https://www.militarytimes.com/smr/sofic/2024/05/09/us-special-forces-want-longer-reach-for-rockets-snipers-robots/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson