Author Topic: VICTOR JOECKS: Biden immigration ad makes the case for Trump  (Read 86 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
VICTOR JOECKS: Biden immigration ad makes the case for Trump

By Victor Joecks Las Vegas Review-Journal
May 11, 2024 - 9:00 pm

President Joe Biden’s recent immigration ad should be considered an in-kind contribution to Donald Trump’s campaign.

The ad begins with a clip of then-President Donald Trump detailing his immigration policies. “We did family separation. A lot of people didn’t come,” Trump said. The ad then cuts to a different clip of Trump. He said, “They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists.”

The ad mixes in audio and a picture of children crying. But mostly the focus is on Trump. “They’re destroying our country. They’re destroying the guts of our country,” Trump said in another clip.

Biden’s ad then attacks Trump for separating illegal immigrant children from their parents. The ad shifts back to a clip of Trump promising to “begin the largest deportation operation in American history.”

Perhaps Biden hasn’t checked the polls recently. The policies for which he’s attacking Trump are popular with the American people. In a recent ABC News/Ipsos poll, respondents gave Trump a 17-point edge on immigration at the U.S.-Mexico border. It was his best issue. It’s top of mind for voters. Gallup found immigration has been the public’s most important issue for three consecutive months.

It’s not hard to see why voters are upset about Biden’s handling of the issue. For one, the southern border is wide open. More than 7 million people have crossed illegally under Biden’s watch. On principle, this doesn’t sit well with most people.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/opinion/opinion-columns/victor-joecks/victor-joecks-biden-immigration-ad-makes-the-case-for-trump-3049629/
« Last Edit: May 12, 2024, 02:20:19 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson