Author Topic: Biden campaign steps up efforts to convince older voters to abandon Trump  (Read 233 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden campaign steps up efforts to convince older voters to abandon Trump
By
Ross O'Keefe
May 11, 2024 1:14 pm

President Joe Biden’s campaign is escalating its outreach to senior citizens in a maneuver to flip a voting group that usually votes Republican.

Those outreach efforts include bingo games organized by volunteers in swing states and running ads during shows favored by older voters like the Price is Right.

Voters 65 and older have historically supported Republicans in the last two election cycles, but former President Donald Trump saw older voters’ support decrease from 2016 to 2020. A recent poll indicated Biden, who is four years older than Trump at 81, is leading Trump among older voters, 51% to 42%.

Voters 65 and older comprised 30.4% of the electorate in 2022. It’s also a demographic known to be more likely to vote.

“It’s a major turning point,” Biden pollster Celinda Lake told Bloomberg. “It’s really an inverse of the previous patterns, where Democrats traditionally do better with younger voters and have had trouble with seniors.”

Part of that shift may be because of Trump’s inconsistent messaging on Social Security or Medicare, which senior voters value. He said in March that “there’s a lot you can do in terms of entitlements, in terms of cutting,” before backtracking to say he would never “jeopardize or hurt Social Security and Medicare.”

Voters polled in seven swing-states favored Biden over Trump 45% to 39% for Social Security and Medicare’s preservation.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/presidential/3000752/biden-campaign-steps-up-efforts-to-convince-older-voters-to-abandon-trump/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

We’re going to miss out on addressing the entitlement issue this round

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline collins

well, I'm no Biden supporter by any means, but Brandon ought to shore up the youth/POC/women vote first before he tries to pick off a group of people that are the most vulnerable to high inflation and stagnation.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
well, I'm no Biden supporter by any means, but Brandon ought to shore up the youth/POC/women vote first before he tries to pick off a group of people that are the most vulnerable to high inflation and stagnation.

Yup.  He needs to shore up the votes from the Hamas wing of the Dem party.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Hoodat

A Conservative candidate would remind those Seniors being forced back to work because of inflation that those new taxes they're now paying on their Social Security benefits are being imposed on them exclusively by Democrats without a single Republican vote.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-