Author Topic: Crime victims aim to topple woke Soros-backed DAs in California, Texas  (Read 142 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Crime victims aim to topple woke Soros-backed DAs in California, Texas
Story by Mary Kay Linge • 2h •

Two woke prosecutors who gained office with the help of lefty megadonor George Soros could soon be ousted in recall efforts led by locals furious about their disastrous, soft-on-crime philosophies.

Pamela Price of Oakland, Calif., won election as Alameda County’s district attorney in 2022 with $1 million in cash from Soros-backed donors, while José Garza of Austin, Tex. is seeking a second term as Travis County DA after getting $447,000 from Soros cutouts, according to the Law Enforcement Legal Defense Fund.

But soaring crime in the two deep-blue cities have sparked victim revolts that could put both Democrats’ jobs on the chopping block. Price is facing a recall petition with nearly 75,000 validated signatures, while Garza could be removed due to to a lawsuit filed under Texas’ new “rogue prosecutor” statute.

“I’ve stood in the courtroom with families where the killer of their child walked out the door the same time they walked out the door — no probation, no ankle monitor, no nothing,” Brenda Grisham, who organized the Price recall effort, told The Post.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/crime-victims-aim-to-topple-woke-soros-backed-das-in-california-texas/ar-BB1mdoJB?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=6a81d1f09cac4f40be9433803b346a25&ei=13
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I applaud their efforts, but in California, this is whack-a-mole.

As soon as you get rid of one bad prosecutor, another one will be appointed/elected in his/her stead...
... who will be just as bad, or... worse.