Author Topic: Biden’s ‘Family Reunification Parole Processes’ Are Tailor-Made for Corruption  (Read 86 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Home  Andrew R. Arthur 
Biden’s ‘Family Reunification Parole Processes’ Are Tailor-Made for Corruption

By Andrew R. Arthur on May 8, 2024

While I am a frequent critic of the Biden administration’s (facially abusive) “CHNV” and “CBP One app interview” parole schemes, I’ve been hands-off over a separate program permitting nationals of Colombia, Cuba, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, and Honduras who are beneficiaries of petitions for alien relatives (Form I-130) to also be paroled indefinitely into the United States. Not anymore, because the website for that so-called “Family Reunification Parole Processes” reveals that the program is tailor-made for corruption — likely because and also the reason why Congress has never authorized it.

“DHS Creates Yet Another Parole Program for Aliens to Cut in Line”. Last July, my colleague Elizabeth Jacobs wrote an insightful piece captioned “DHS Creates Yet Another Parole Program for Aliens to Cut in Line”, which details the program and explains why it exceeds DHS’s limited authority to parole inadmissible aliens into the United States.

I’d be gilding the lily to reiterate all the points Jacobs makes therein, but if you want to understand the degree to which the Family Reunification Parole ignores and evades the annual limitations Congress has set on lawful immigration to the United States, she lays it out in detail.

Briefly, however, if you are a United States citizen or lawful permanent resident (“LPR”, i.e., “green card” holder) you can file an I-130 to secure a visa for your alien spouse, parent, or child.

https://cis.org/Arthur/Bidens-Family-Reunification-Parole-Processes-Are-TailorMade-Corruption
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson