Author Topic: Watch: Green Extremist Activists Attack Magna Carta Document in London  (Read 137 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Watch: Green Extremist Activists Attack Magna Carta Document in London

OLIVER JJ LANE10 May 2024275
3:06
Two elderly green protesters entered an exhibit at the British Library and used a lump hammer and cold chisel in an attempt to smash the glass case of the Magna Carta.

One of the four remaining copies of the 1215 Magna Carta was the subject of the latest attack against symbols of Western culture by Green extremists on Friday. The British Library, where two of those four copies are held, and where the Treasures Gallery where one of them is on display was closed after the incident today, confirmed the ancient vellum document laying out the roots of Western liberty was not damaged.

A spokesman for the British Library said: “An incident occurred at the British Library on Friday, 10 May, in which two individuals attacked the toughened glass case containing the Magna Carta in the Library’s Treasures Gallery.

“The Library’s Security team intervened to prevent further damage to the case, which was minimal. The police were notified and the Magna Carta itself remains undamaged.”

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2024/05/10/green-activists-attack-magna-carta-document/
« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 10:41:50 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Is there something in the Magna Carta about climate they don't like, or they don't like documents of freedom? *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson