Author Topic: The State of California Is About To Raise Bills for Users Using Less Electricity  (Read 104 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The State of California Is About To Raise Bills for Users Using Less Electricity
Story by Prashant Chaudhary • 16h

California is on the brink of a significant change in how utility bills are calculated. The California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) is considering a proposal that could introduce a new fixed charge on monthly power bills across the state. This development arrives as households nationwide grapple with increasing costs for essential services like sewer and water.

The decision, set for a vote on Thursday, would enable state utility companies to implement a monthly fixed charge of $24.15. In exchange, these companies would lower the electricity cost by 5 to 7 cents per kilowatt-hour, according to reports by the Associated Press.

The Impact on Different Households
The proposed pricing structure is likely to benefit those in energy-intensive households, particularly in warmer regions or those with electric vehicles at home. These residents could see substantial savings, with reductions estimated between $33 to $44 per month during summer months from air conditioning usage alone.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/the-state-of-california-is-about-to-raise-bills-for-users-using-less-electricity/ar-BB1maSXc?ocid=widgetonlockscreen&cvid=e186ac99b1474df29b2cd55a7af7358a&ei=58
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson